JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just picked up an x95 today from local gs, they couldn't find the box and will call me when they find where the manager hid it this week. Took it home into better light and it seems pretty dirty in the bolt, dust in corners and copper fowling in spots. How many rounds does the factory test with, and has anyone else gotten an x95 and found it to be dirty?
Really hoping I didn't just pay new for a used gun and get shafted :(

Just picked up an x95 today from local gs, they couldn't find the box and will call me when they find where the manager hid it this week. Took it home into better light and it seems pretty dirty in the bolt, dust in corners and copper fowling in spots. How many rounds does the factory test with, and has anyone else gotten an x95 and found it to be dirty?
That's what it sounds like, but I've never bought a Tavor.

Misplaced the box?
If the weapon is that dirty, assume the people at the gun dealer took their leisure.
When fired at the factory, there is >minimal< (if any) reason to fire over 10 rounds.
I have never purchased a new firearm that was not 99.9% clean and in the box as shipped.

Misplaced the box?
If the weapon is that dirty, assume the people at the gun dealer took their leisure.
When fired at the factory, there is >minimal< (if any) reason to fire over 10 rounds.
I have never purchased a new firearm that was not 99.9% clean and in the box as shipped.
^^ This. Guns not cleaned after factory test firing look like they've been fired once or twice. The shop shot your gun and lost the box.

Bring a pocket flashlight with you next time.

Unless the dealer has a range handy, like in the same building, I can't imagine one taking the toys home for a trial run.

Maybe with a used gun, safety check and so forth.

I've received some darn dirty "new" guns before, maybe the manufacturer finds a problem, tries a fix, nope, try again etc.

Still, the missing box for a new gun, never seen that.

I have had a dirty gun a few times, not bad, but not cleaned after test fire. FN 509, S&W Shield, Ruger LC-380. Easily cleaned up, only my expectations damaged.

Not throwing anyone under the bus until tomorrow when I go back in and see what they say. Ive bought a LOT of guns and by this point don't look inside, why would I? Its a new gun from a dealer, what could be wrong? Well guess it was time to learn a lesson today.

So much missing from story.

Was this rifle bought online and transferred at gun shop? If so find another place to do transfers. Gun shouldn't have been removed from box longer than it takes to check the serial number.

If this was purchased from the shop and they were just stating it was new. You probably should have called BS the moment they couldn't find the box.

Boxes of new guns just don't go missing.

Also, take some pictures.

Not throwing anyone under the bus until tomorrow when I go back in and see what they say. Ive bought a LOT of guns and by this point don't look inside, why would I? Its a new gun from a dealer, what could be wrong? Well guess it was time to learn a lesson today.
This experience might absolutely make you change this method of purchasing.

If I have the opportunity to look at multiple versions of the same gun I always will. I ALWAYS examine the gun I'm buying BEFORE filling out the 4473. I've swapped a gun for another because doing this. 1st has rust on it in the receiver, if I'd bought that one, it would have been my problem. The store gladly sold me another and they sent the rusted one back to the manufacturer.

Bought off the shelf.
Again box missing was weird, but in my opinion not totally unrealistic.
Being excited, handling, and chatting it up I really didn't think twice to check it. Ive handled and fondled the tavor so much before there was nothing new for me to see.
Like I said, lesson learned. Im sure they will at the least refund me. Hopefully order me an actual new gun for the same deal I got this for.

After really stripping it i definetly feel embarrassed and pretty stupid so hopefully somebody learns from this too.
Yall are free to judge because I think this gun saw combat :D
Weird thing is for how dirty the inside is the outside is sparking and unscathed.

20191213_183640.jpg 20191213_183649.jpg 20191213_183700.jpg

Yep. That is definitely not new.

Can we learn if the shop that sold it to you stating it was new now? So as to avoid buying from them.

Like I said of they take care of me tomorrow Ill be happy. If im not 100% satisfied with how im treated the internet will be sure to know.

Like I said of they take care of me tomorrow Ill be happy. If im not 100% satisfied with how im treated the internet will be sure to know.
Good to know the shop's name in any case. If they jack you up, we can avoid them and if they make it right, we can support them. Good luck to you either way.

There is a very well known store in the capitol city that did that to me once. I took it back to them and made them order me a factory fresh one for the price I paid. The owner tells me "the price was soooooo good how could you not assume it was used?" It was still higher price than online but was trying to support local business. Haven't been back since.

Nice to know the rest of the story. New on rack (supposedly)
Not new/unfired.
Take it up with the proprietor.
The employees knew that gun was well used.
They all shot it, would be my guess

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top