JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've owned a few Taurus firearms over the years, both semi-autos and revolvers, and all of them have been good to me. I know, luck of the draw, not everyone has had a good experience with this brand. I recently picked up a G3C; $250 shipped plus a $25 rebate and three magazines included seemed a pretty decent deal. I also already had positive experiences with its big brother the full size G3. At its first trip to the range this new G3C would hit low on every shot - very low. Field strip and inspection didn't provide any obvious clues to what the issue might be. The next day I called Taurus's support line where I was able to leave my number in their queue for a callback. Their support rep called me back in about half an hour, took my info, e-mailed me a pre-paid shipping label, and off it went. The rep had told me their turnaround time was about four weeks. The actual time between dropping it off at FedEx and receiving the repaired gun back at my door was exactly 14 days. They replaced the barrel and it has been shooting accurately and with no other problems ever since (about 400 rounds thus far). I know Taurus had (has) a reputation for some of the worst customer service in the industry but I must say I'm rather impressed with the speed of this warranty repair; I think two weeks repair turnaround is pretty good. Anyone else have any RECENT experiences with Taurus CS, good or bad?

I've owned a few Taurus firearms over the years, both semi-autos and revolvers, and all of them have been good to me. I know, luck of the draw, not everyone has had a good experience with this brand. I recently picked up a G3C; $250 shipped plus a $25 rebate and three magazines included seemed a pretty decent deal. I also already had positive experiences with its big brother the full size G3. At its first trip to the range this new G3C would hit low on every shot - very low. Field strip and inspection didn't provide any obvious clues to what the issue might be. The next day I called Taurus's support line where I was able to leave my number in their queue for a callback. Their support rep called me back in about half an hour, took my info, e-mailed me a pre-paid shipping label, and off it went. The rep had told me their turnaround time was about four weeks. The actual time between dropping it off at FedEx and receiving the repaired gun back at my door was exactly 14 days. They replaced the barrel and it has been shooting accurately and with no other problems ever since (about 400 rounds thus far). I know Taurus had (has) a reputation for some of the worst customer service in the industry but I must say I'm rather impressed with the speed of this warranty repair; I think two weeks repair turnaround is pretty good. Anyone else have any RECENT experiences with Taurus CS, good or bad?
I think this is part of a related series of G3C problems that might be one step shy of a recall.

I had a positive experience the one time I dealt with a Taurus warranty. I was having feed issues with a new TX-22 and there were comments on the internet that it was a problem with some of the magazines.. I contacted them and they sent me a replacement, quick and free, problem solved.

I just bought a Taurus recently (TX22 Competition) and it was almost funny how poorly sighted in it was from the factory. Out of the box it was shooting about a foot to the right at ~15yds. I guess I'm just spoiled by Glocks being on-target (or at least on paper) out of the box :p.

Here's hoping that I never have to have my own experience with Taurus warranty support, but if I do your post makes me at least a little hopeful.

I have no experience with Taurus pistols. But years ago I purchased one of their K-Frame copies, (Used) to keep under the seat of my truck so I wouldn't trash my Smith's.

Like all my firearms I've kept it clean. That being said I have really put it through the ringer. I've run hot 357s through it until the barrel was too hot to touch for long. (Even with gloves on.) It's always been accurate.

The finish was never comparable to a Smith but it has performed.

So, I bought a alloy Judge. (This model is no longer made.)

Same story. Jeeze, I have run 300 plus rounds of .410 through it in a couple of hours. (When .410 was still half affordable) It's accurate with .45LC to about 25 yards.

Based on my two Taurus experiences, a couple of years ago I bought another Judge that is still new in the box.

I am a believer in Taurus revolvers.

Assuming a center hold.
Inquiring minds want to know.
On your first trip out......
At what distance were you trying to zero?

Aloha, Mark
10 yards, but it was still way off even at 7. By no means do I consider myself to be a really good shot, but at that close of a range I can get consistently on target, assuming no issues with the gun itself. I had three other 9 mm's with me (all w/ iron sights) that day and wasn't having any problems getting those on target, so I was reasonably certain the problem wasn't with my shooting.

RE : Post #8
Thanks for the reply.

I was just asking because.....
Well, assuming factory (target loads) or close enough to it (reloads).
OK, OK, ok......I usually like handgun shooting at 25 yards. But, I can see 7 yds or 15 yds too. Yeah.......walking back and forth to the target (to change them) is tiring at times.

Anyway, my bad.....
I should have maybe asked (with Post #5)......
How low is too low?

Assuming......at this point, that you were also happy with the group size.

Aloha, Mark

PS.........I remember the time (about 40 or so years ago) when I filed down the front sight of my revolver. I had set the target out at 25 yards (the closest "approved distance" for that range). Also, I was using wadcutters to zero the handgun at the time.

To say the least......"THAT was a mistake".

Last Edited:
RE : Post #8
Thanks for the reply.

I was just asking because.....
Well, assuming factory (target loads) or close enough to it (reloads).
OK, OK, ok......I usually like handgun shooting at 25 yards. But, I can see 7 yds or 15 yds too. Yeah.......walking back and forth to the target (to change them) is tiring at times.

Anyway, my bad.....
I should have maybe asked (with Post #5)......
How low is too low?

Assuming......at this point, that you were also happy with the group size.

Aloha, Mark

PS.........I remember the time (about 40 or so years ago) when I filed down the front sight of my revolver. I had set the target out at 25 yards (the closest "approved distance" for that range). Also, I was using wadcutters to zero the handgun at the time.

To say the least......"THAT was a mistake".
- using Federal target ammo, no reloads
- I prefer to zero in handguns at a closer range. I'm just not good enough of a shot to try to zero in at 50 yards (unfortunately I don't have the time to get in anywhere near as much practice as I'd like to). Also keep in mind this is a compact model with a 3.2" barrel.
- indoor range, so no walking back and forth to target
- too low was several inches below the bullseye, usually not even getting it into the outer rings. It was bad. Groupings were fine, within a few inches of each other at 10 yards, which is OK for me. Once it came back with the new barrel groupings were still good but it was now hitting where I pointed it.
- I don't envision using this as an EDC but more for range practice and possibly a backup gun for in the truck. For those purposes I think it was worth the $250.

- using Federal target ammo, no reloads
- I prefer to zero in handguns at a closer range. I'm just not good enough of a shot to try to zero in at 50 yards (unfortunately I don't have the time to get in anywhere near as much practice as I'd like to). Also keep in mind this is a compact model with a 3.2" barrel.
- indoor range, so no walking back and forth to target
- too low was several inches below the bullseye, usually not even getting it into the outer rings. It was bad. Groupings were fine, within a few inches of each other at 10 yards, which is OK for me. Once it came back with the new barrel groupings were still good but it was now hitting where I pointed it.
- I don't envision using this as an EDC but more for range practice and possibly a backup gun for in the truck. For those purposes I think it was worth the $250.
First I've heard that changing a barrel is standard protocol for addressing POI.

Fake news, Taurus makes horrible products and has horrible customer service.

Or so I have read on the internet!

;)

Post #11

I would have thought/guessed/imagined.......

That a firearms manufacturer would/could have at least stuck some kind of lazer (or whatever) down the barrel before releasing the product for sale/consumption. Yeah, a cheap and easy, QC measure. Rrrrrrright, checking to see...... where the lazer dot ended up on a target placed at x yards or feet down range. Then, within a certain parameter........it could either be passed or rejected.

Shooting it would also be fine too, though costly.

WAIT, Wait, wait......
What do you think this is?
Walther (or some other manufacturer), that does/did (in the past at least) actual live firing and would include the used target in the box? LOL.

Silly me.
Oh wait......yeah.......
No_Time_Fo_Dat.jpg

Don't get me wrong......
I'm glad that you got it fixed and that you're NOW satisfied.

Aloha, Mark

I have to wonder if they actually put in a new barrel or just told you they did and you're experiencing the placebo effect. I do this a lot to complainers at work. The problem magically goes away because I told them it did

I just bought a Taurus recently (TX22 Competition) and it was almost funny how poorly sighted in it was from the factory. Out of the box it was shooting about a foot to the right at ~15yds. I guess I'm just spoiled by Glocks being on-target (or at least on paper) out of the box :p.

Here's hoping that I never have to have my own experience with Taurus warranty support, but if I do your post makes me at least a little hopeful.

I suspect Taurus has been sneaking in repurposed surplus Mini-14 barrels…..

I have to wonder if they actually put in a new barrel or just told you they did and you're experiencing the placebo effect. I do this a lot to complainers at work. The problem magically goes away because I told them it did
Two other guys shot it before it was sent back and they experienced the same hitting low condition. The other three 9mm pistols I was shooting that day were all hitting on target from the same distance using the same ammo. There is a marked difference since receiving the gun back, so I'm reasonably certain they did indeed make the repair they claimed to.

I was shooting at the local range last weekend and one of the handguns I had with me was the Taurus TX-22, by coincidence, the person next to me was shooting the same model. That person was shooting groups about 3-4 inches off-hand at 15 yards (much tighter than my groups) and I think he was just using cheap .22 plinking rounds... I think the TX-22 can be very accurate.

I was shooting at the local range last weekend and one of the handguns I had with me was the Taurus TX-22, by coincidence, the person next to me was shooting the same model. That person was shooting groups about 3-4 inches off-hand at 15 yards (much tighter than my groups) and I think he was just using cheap .22 plinking rounds... I think the TX-22 can be very accurate.
Very accurate would be 2" @ 50 yards.

Taurus had my GX4 back to me within two weeks of sending it out.

I have about 500 rounds through it and has eaten everything.

It actually shoots nicer than my P365, but that doesn't mean I'll ever carry it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top