JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well if they don't keyhole, I'll have to give one a shot. F messing with Taurus' warranty.
I'm a bit like a dog with a bone when it comes to trying to get a company to make things right, but I admit I'm getting pretty frustrated with how things are turning out with Taurus. I've lost track of how many times I've called them, and each time they tell me they have some unexplainable hold on "phone orders" and I'll need to call back again in a week or two. Every time I do, and get the same thing. This week they told me that not only is there still a hold, but now they're on back order.

Oh well, to the back of the safe it goes. Maybe some day they'll actually follow through with a new barrel, and I'll have good things to report. :)

Tested the two new barrels and the one it came with at 25 and 50 yards. I started at 25 and got no key holes, moved back to 50 and put 10 shots with each barrel on individual targets. No key holes. Though my groups weren't the greatest! Lol. Brought the targets back to 25 and proceeded to pepper them with a few mags with various ammo using all three barrels for at least two full magazines and still no key holes.

E6AC7BF2-1061-4BD9-97A0-EB1DB2625676.jpeg 2B4031C9-6283-4DE8-8ABE-CE6CEA0C01AD.jpeg DC0FFB03-7F78-43DA-8549-BCFD8A485C0C.jpeg A26D8B07-D248-407B-BA20-102D0D0BD439.jpeg 2C5E695E-7713-4431-B77D-03A9DC4ED52E.jpeg

I also have Dawson front fiber optic and blacked out rear sight on my TX22, works good for my eyes. I was having issues feeding inexpensive Remington rounds, but that has stopped with paying more attention to how the magazine is loaded. I shot about 75 rounds at 15 yards recently and did not have keyholes.

I'm going to have to break down and buy some sort of sights for mine. Tried rubbing it again at Tri Counties Feb speed steel and other than a few decent times on the shorter set ups, I really had to take my time and aim with the pathetic three dot sights at the longer distance plates.

Other than that, really another 300-400 rounds through it, one fail to fire, likely ammo. I honestly think it is more reliable than my 10/22 speed steel build.

Update:

I'm close to 50,000 rounds now. Maybe 1000-1500 away from the number. It gets more ammo than any other gun I own at the moment. Just a pleasant plinker. Definitely not the greatest amount through any gun I've ever owned, but getting there. I'd say I've got one 10/22 with well over 100,000 rounds through it. I'm no 22plinkster, but I like to imagine I'm the Oregonian version!

The trigger is getting ridiculously light. I'm afraid it might start bump firing or something soon. I'll be calling Taurus and looking around for some replacement parts soon. I fear that it might start to malfunction or run away. I need to clean it again, as I shot a few thousand suppressed last and it is filthy. Once cleaned I'll update some pictures of the wear if anything is noticeable.

Update:

I'm close to 50,000 rounds now. Maybe 1000-1500 away from the number. It gets more ammo than any other gun I own at the moment. Just a pleasant plinker. Definitely not the greatest amount through any gun I've ever owned, but getting there. I'd say I've got one 10/22 with well over 100,000 rounds through it. I'm no 22plinkster, but I like to imagine I'm the Oregonian version!

The trigger is getting ridiculously light. I'm afraid it might start bump firing or something soon. I'll be calling Taurus and looking around for some replacement parts soon. I fear that it might start to malfunction or run away. I need to clean it again, as I shot a few thousand suppressed last and it is filthy. Once cleaned I'll update some pictures of the wear if anything is noticeable.
Keep us in the loop please, mine has seen close to 6k rounds mostly suppressed. I've done little more than keep it lubed and only ammo related ftf's (wouldn't go bang in multiple guns). I've been happy with mine and it goes everywhere with me as I bought it to save wear and tear on my new MKIV Lite.

Got the new fiber optic front sight and the +5 TK mag extensions for my TX22 a couple of weeks ago. Everything worked as it should and I'm happy with both.

I was kind of lazy when I went to test it out. This is the only target I put up at the 25 yard line. Some shots from 10 yards and some from 25, all with varying degrees of concentration ( some slow fire, some fast just for fun). Doesn't look like I have any key holing issues.

IMG_0632.jpg

My 10yo son had fun learning to shoot a handgun last week (under my close, direct supervision, of course), and he shot a couple hundred rounds through my TX22. We had several misfires, and a couple jams, but I suspect the ammo may have been at fault. Other than that it shot great. He had a blast shooting tin cans.

Update:

So that's where all the .22 ammo has been going! :) You're definitely giving it a workout. I expect that that's more than mine will ever get fired. Then again, I do have two boys who like to shoot...

I read somewhere the chunk out of the end of the guide rod that you described--and that is also present on every one, including mine--is intentional and is designed to catch the end of the return spring. Not faulty, but not professional looking.

For the price, great gun.

I love my TX22.

Just FYI, Tandemkross has a simple speed loader (more of a "tab holder"). Through the 29th you can get free shipping on your whole order if you order their new front fiber optic sight for the gun. I have a new front sight and a speedloader on the way. They also have the cheapest magazines I have seen for it.

View attachment 663799

I have this front sight on mine. It really helps draw the eye to it. Totally worth it. I do wish I had gotten a package deal and purchased rear sights too. I believe the adjustable stock rear sights are plastic, and plastic adjustable sights inherently suck, even if they work.

I have this front sight on mine. It really helps draw the eye to it. Totally worth it. I do wish I had gotten a package deal and purchased rear sights too. I believe the adjustable stock rear sights are plastic, and plastic adjustable sights inherently suck, even if they work.

I don't think they had a rear sight upgrade back when I posted that. The factory plastic one always felt a bit cheap, but honestly I have not had any issues with it.

With help from a friend and member here, I picked up a second TX22. First order of business. Ditching the stupid manual safety. I'll look at finding a pin to fit the gap later.

Thanks @spookshack for the killer deal. I'll make sure this pistol sees plenty of action.

0A9EC1FC-8D5F-4502-A9E6-B7FA8D490E86.jpeg 1653DCAB-D25C-4E24-B309-982771753B8C.jpeg

Well you haven't even had it a few hours yet and you already yanked the safety. Man, you weren't joking when you said you were going trash the safety. Nice job. Now you just need to fill that gaping hole.

I bought my TX22 a few months back. Great little FUN gun.

Showed it to my gun guy, and he bought one.

Noteworthy - he has not bought NEW in almost 20 years.

We are going shooting tomorrow on our lunch break.:D

We've been shooting mine more lately too, now that it has a good barrel.

The first few hundred round we were getting the occasional malfunction - some failure to feed jams, and more misfires than was typical for the ammo. The last couple range trips though, it's been pretty much flawless. My 10yo son has been learning to shoot it (under very close supervision), and is doing pretty well.

I really wanted to like mine, but with it's crap barrel and not wanting to get a new one, out of pocket or a replacement one on warranty, it was time to throw it the towel and find a new home for it. Reno now has a spare TX22 to wear out. :D