JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ok, so here are my pictures of wear at about 3k. Comparing to OPs 10k, mine looks to be wearing at a much faster rate. I have no finish on my rear rails an less than half on my front. Nothing left on the side of the left rails, but the right rails are untouched. Guns runs real well but I'm a little annoyed about the wear. Maybe it's my dirty ammo? Dunno. Can't complain much about a functioning, relatively accurate pistol

KIMG0709.JPG KIMG0708.JPG KIMG0706.JPG KIMG0705.JPG KIMG0704.JPG KIMG0703.JPG

Dang. Your rails are almost polished. Use any lubrication? I put grease on the rails and barrel. Then again these pictures are from right now, and I need to clean it as I shout it two weekends ago.

Here are some pictures of mine again. Probably close to 18000-19000 at this point.

Looking at my older pictures. One rail is getting more aluminum polished looking over the other.

It's still chugging along, no update from my guide rod order from Taurus. Might call them next week and check on it.

C2394189-66F6-4436-AF95-B1F05F493AA1.jpeg 0CF9E909-B7BB-4E5D-A5CF-FEA65F90246C.jpeg D856E87E-C499-4DD9-88AF-B31604C432D0.jpeg 04BFB05E-4432-4938-8A07-171F54D023D2.jpeg

Yeah, I use grease on this for the most part specifically Rand HAWG grease, but I'm not so confident in it anymore. Always had good luck with safariland clp and may just go back to that

I use nothing special lithium grease. I put it on the rails as well as inside the entire length of the slides channels. I also apply it to the entire surface of the barrel minus breachface areas.

I clean it and re apply lubrication every time I shoot it. Which is in 500-2000 round intervals (lately 500 rounds or less). Last use, I shot a brick of 500 through it. That was it unfortunately, can't burn through 22 like I used to these days. This guy can burn a 1000 round brick in a few hours!

I just got my TX22 and got it to the range. Decided that I would always run it with the threaded adapter, so I'd made sure to secure it with some red Loctite, them put a micro comp on it as a thread protector. I love this pistol in this configuration. Zero malfunctions after 300 rounds of various types of ammo. Feels like a CZ in its ergonomics but obviously much lighter. This will be getting a lot of use.

I just got my TX22 and got it to the range. Decided that I would always run it with the threaded adapter, so I'd made sure to secure it with some red Loctite, them put a micro comp on it as a thread protector. I love this pistol in this configuration. Zero malfunctions after 300 rounds of various types of ammo. Feels like a CZ in its ergonomics but obviously much lighter. This will be getting a lot of use.
CZ you say? I think it's a dead ringer for an HK P30 or VP9. Maybe if the grip was rubberized, I'd be convinced to join team CZ

I bought a TX22 a month ago and have had it to the range just one-time. I only shot inexpensive rounds and I had multiple misfeeds through both magazines, definitely frustrating...
When I research other owners experience who have had this same issue, the fix seems to vary amongst owners;
Use higher quality ammo.
Pay particular attention to loading the double-stack magazine.
Dismantle, polish and lube the magazine.
Send the gun back to Taurus for a period of 4-5 months.

Earlier in this thread an owner mentioned contacting Taurus and received a new barrel. Contacting Taurus is my next move.

Anyone still looking for the Tx22? Bi-Mart is selling them for 250.00. I was in the Sutherlin store yesterday, and they had two left. Tempted to buy another one. They are shooters!

I bought a TX22 a month ago and have had it to the range just one-time. I only shot inexpensive rounds and I had multiple misfeeds through both magazines, definitely frustrating...
When I research other owners experience who have had this same issue, the fix seems to vary amongst owners;
Use higher quality ammo.
Pay particular attention to loading the double-stack magazine.
Dismantle, polish and lube the magazine.
Send the gun back to Taurus for a period of 4-5 months.

Earlier in this thread an owner mentioned contacting Taurus and received a new barrel. Contacting Taurus is my next move.

An update.
I did contact Taurus and explain the issue I was having, they suggested sending me a different magazine to try, which they did. I have not had feeding issues with the replacement magazine.

The recently manufactured Federal Black Box stuff from Bimart has been crap in all my semis, it wasn't any better in this pistol.

Seemed like a couple of Thanksgivings ago, they had that Black Pack rebate deal, and that ammo was really good. Everything since has been iffy, I've noticed that it seems like the priming is spotty and doesn't always cap off. Same gun, same day, I put other brands in, and it works flawlessly, so probably not the gun.

Glad to see someone else that puts a significant number of rounds through their pistols!

Ive put approximately 4000-5000 rounds through mine so far and only had one fail to fire, it was ammo related though. I also put a Galloway Peecision +9 magazine extender to really burn through the ammo. It also works great, just not very pretty to look at but function has been excellent.
Here's a link for the mag extension if interested.

I've easily put 5,000 rounds, maybe even 7,500, through my TX. Runs like a champ. Eats any ammo. The very few FTF were ammo related.

Just need to make sure mags are loaded well. I usually load 15 rounds, then turn upsidedown while holding the spring tab so the rounds align, with the first round angled out of the lip.

Even more fun with an AAC Element 2 attached. Click, click, click :) Some lower velocity ammo doesn't cycle as well with the can; I stick to Federal 36gr HP or Aguila 40gr HV for those plinking occasions.

I had to loctite the rear sight as the screw backed out once.

My accuracy improved after installing a cheap red dot. My red dot has the wider (Trijicon) frame. I purchased the mounting plate from Lakeline to fit.

For a Vortex Venom or other slimmer red dot designs, the Galloway Precision works great, a few dollars less, and fits better (I had to tap the Lakeline into place with a brass hammer whereas the Galloway slide right in). This was my initial setup, but my Godson yelled at me for taking his Venom from his Ruger Mark IV so I had to put it back :)

My pistol range outings include the TX22 at least 80% of the time. It's just a fun shooter.

Nice review! I'd like to see some kind of option to keep the ejection port on the slide from getting so beat up. I've seen other reviews and they all do this. :(
I didn't notice that until you pointed it out. The shape of the ejection port suggests that the final shape wasn't the original shape. Like they kept elongating it (during R&D) in that one direction (up and left) to try to minimize the "damage" and finally called it good or ran out of room.
Looks like a fun gun... l love a 22 pistola that works.

I don't own a TX22 (but will check my local Bimart soon) so I don't know if I even know what I am talking about but....

Permanently loctiting the thread adapter on seems like it would make it harder to clean since you can't separate the barrel from the slide. Am I wrong about this? I like the idea of knowing the adapter isn't going to come loose though.

I don't own a TX22 (but will check my local Bimart soon) so I don't know if I even know what I am talking about but....

Permanently loctiting the thread adapter on seems like it would make it harder to clean since you can't separate the barrel from the slide. Am I wrong about this? I like the idea of knowing the adapter isn't going to come loose though.
It becomes a fixed barrel the way it sits in the frame, but it gets filthy suppressed. I wouldn't permanently attach mine.

Covid has killed my rapid addition of fired rounds to the TX, but I'd say I'm likely closer to 30k now, I think. Burnt through at least 2k of that Aguila stuff that hit most stores a few weeks back. That stuff was filthy!!!

Gun keeps on going, and going, and going.

Im debating buying a second barrel as they aren't too expensive on Taurus's website right now.

I am old enough to remember what was perhaps Taurus's entry to the American market. It was a .38 caliber, 4" bbl, double action revolver that was nickel plated. I think the introductory version was ONLY nickel plated and 4". I could be wrong on half of this, but I believe I'm pretty close.

It sold for 56 bucks at K-Mart.

One of the first G.I.'s that bought one at the Rapid City K-mart, no more than 3 hours later had a "impromptu discharge" in the barracks.

If you get one, I would suggest putting it on paper at a good distance to check for keyholing. I'm waiting on a new barrel for mine, to see if that fixes the problem.

I was in Bimart where I bought mine, and mentioned the issue to the sporting goods guy. He got a concerned look and said that he had never put his on paper. I asked him the next time I was in there and he said he was getting ready to call Taurus.

Good design, great gun if you get a good one, but they've had a lot of trouble with barrels.