JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just picked up my second TX-22.

It shoots every bit as accurately as my first one, and operates flawlessly with High Velocity and Hyper Velocity ammo.

It doesn't yet like Standard Velocity ammo. With a full magazine, it stumbles on the first 6-or-so rounds, but when the mag is half full, it functions with this ammo fine. Hopefully a little wear-in will help this pistol overcome the resistance to the upward pressure of the rounds with a full magazine.

If it never does, then I guess I have to stick with using only high velocity ammo.

That's a hard one.

I sold off all my center fire handguns. I just don't enjoy plinking with them and I stopped carrying.

If I were to keep carrying, I'd have a hard time wanting a red dot on the gun. I've always sought out small concealed guns. Mostly for comfort. A red dot only adds to its size in a non traditional gun way. IE there wasn't really a time in history, other than single action revolvers which were worn in the hip in a big ole comfy holster, where something protruding upwards from the slide or top of the action. Most conceal holster push the grip in, pivoting on the slide as the fulcrum. Having something sticking out from that fulcrum point would just make it harder to conceal. So comfort gets put into jeopardy by requiring some new form of holster or different pivot points. Possibly even ending up with the red dot getting pushed into you. Doesn't sound fun.

Then there is all the practice I did at close quarters. Point shooting became second nature. Far easier to point shoot at a large target quickly than waste time getting on sights much less a dot. Slide aligns, pull. Likely you'll hit a12-14" width by 14-20" tall target from 5-10 yards lining up the slide. May not be center mass, but in the very rare case your situational awareness fails or you are in an ultra rare absolutely chaotic scene where you absolutely need a gun, the first shot into the target will aid in getting time to get the next aimed shot on target.

Perhaps this new plinker will lead to a full sized duty pistol with a red dot on it. That's about the only interest I have in pistols these days.
Strange, I had the opposite experience. The full size slide wanted spicy ammo while I can get away with standard velocity on the comp slide.

Then again, I never really broke in my standard slide…had maybe a few hundred rounds through it before getting the comp slide and haven't looked back.

Also forgot to loctite the dot. Re-zeroing is fun!

I just picked up my second TX-22.

It shoots every bit as accurately as my first one, and operates flawlessly with High Velocity and Hyper Velocity ammo.

It doesn't yet like Standard Velocity ammo. With a full magazine, it stumbles on the first 6-or-so rounds, but when the mag is half full, it functions with this ammo fine. Hopefully a little wear-in will help this pistol overcome the resistance to the upward pressure of the rounds with a full magazine.

If it never does, then I guess I have to stick with using only high velocity ammo.
Mine sometimes don't lock back on the last round shooting CCI SV.

We'll add another 1k to the frame.

I polished and opened up the feed ramp on the comp upper. Reliability is there now, even though bulk ammo is still poop!

Ran into two issues today.

Shooting bulk means shavings, shavings = bubblegum can happen. IE I'm pretty sure so much crap has gunked up onto the face of the barrel that I started walking the headspace back. Enough to cause an unsupported blow out. Everything is fine and I ran another 250-300 through it after it happened. I'll know not to let it get that dirty. Seems like the comp model or upper is on tighter tolerances and that's perhaps why the original is so reliable, lower tolerances. Mag had some brass shavings F'ing up the follower that once removed brought it back to 100%. That or Thunderbolt is even worse than before?!?

Second issue, probably not an issue for folks that don't shoot like I do. I was on a mission to test this comp upper today! After about 500-700 rounds in fairly rapid succession, the dot started to wonder on my red dot. IE, I was nailing my steel one after the other, absolutely enjoying life one "ting" followed instantly by another "ting", then I couldn't hit bubblegum. I went to change from the big O to the little dot on the red dot thinking I needed the smaller aim point to get better hits, to find that the F'er was at least molten lava! Then it clicked. The barrel was molten lava, and the mount and red dot are sitting on that molten lava. The red dot became a F'ing heat sink for the barrel. Apparently if you get a Holosun hot enough, the emitter starts going where ever the F it wants to. I'm not sure if I destroyed the little guy. I ran out of plink, so it will be till next time to see if it returns to zero after the trip through that oven!

Anyone got any suggestions for a red dot that can sit on a piping hot barrel and not turn into a worthless pointer thingy majigger?

IMG_0500.jpeg IMG_0499.jpeg IMG_0498.jpeg

Last Edited:
I see a lot of like for the triggers on these. I purchased one and it has a lot of take up travel. Once it passes, it does have a smooth lite release. Is the large amount of take up normal?

I see a lot of like for the triggers on these. I purchased one and it has a lot of take up travel. Once it passes, it does have a smooth lite release. Is the large amount of take up normal?
I don't recall. First thing I did was add on a new trigger. :D

I don't remember it being that bad honestly, but the tandemkross was a step in the right direction for my preferences.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top