JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There has to be some truth to the many reports of bad things going down with their products over the decades.

Maybe. But we all know that people like to Bi#ch.
"A friend of my cousins sister-in-law had a boyfriend that told her that he heard from a guy how bad their reputation was on a website".

I'll tell you my actual experience. I know that your asking specifically about their revolvers; I have NO experience with them.

That being said, I have bought 5 G2c's and a G3. Shot thousands of rounds through them without a single issue. They ate everything that I feed them, including Winchester steel, hands down the worst 9mm made.

I'm looking at getting another G3.

Good luck OP.

"A friend of my cousins sister-in-law had a boyfriend that told her that he heard from a guy how bad their reputation was on a website".

Yet, the reality is that's not the case. I have NEVER HEARD OR READ such an absurd account. I know you're exaggerating, and what's funny is you have to exaggerate to make a point that doesn't exist. I have rarely read 2nd hand reports of problems, b/c folks who complain are generally those personally invested. The reality is folks who spend their own money for a junk product tend to complain. That said, I posted a 2nd hand report of a SW problem I observed. SW handled the issue perfectly.

One has to simply weigh levels of complaints on brands and models. IMO Taurus is about the worst in the industry from FIRST HAND experience, and from reading about others' FIRST HAND experiences.

If false unreliable 2nd hand complaints were the norm, then other companies would equally suffer. They don't. For instance, complaints of Glock are generally related to ergonomics or appearance or naming system (all subjective), and not performance. I'm not claiming no complaints, I'm simply stating a far lower percent of legit objective issues (Yes, I know a new Glock .22 frame broke as posted herein).

We have a 10yr old Taurus 605 Stainless/ported 2" .357 that shows excellent workmanship and has been great to own. The ONLY thing we didn't like is the 12lb trigger, which I fixed with a Wolfe spring kit. I also painted the front side blade with white paint.

Don't know a danged thing about more recent Taurus revolvers.

Hmmm. Seems to me, that in this very thread, there were posts that were negative without personal experience.

You said, ""A friend of my cousins sister-in-law had a boyfriend that told her that he heard from a guy how bad their reputation was on a website."

Please find the most legit extreme example anywhere here or online to equate to this 6th or 7th level of separation of a problem and let us know. Otherwise it seems you're defending a company using totally exaggerating hyperbole which adds nothing to a conversation (some would say complete mis-information or dis-information) which is ironic when we boil it down.

And meanwhile discounting a number of members, myself included, who have shared problems. Also cutting directly in the face of "A friend of my cousins sister-in-law had a boyfriend that told her that he heard from a guy how bad their reputation was on a website"....

Maybe. But we all know that people like to Bi#ch.

I'll tell you my actual experience. I know that your asking specifically about their revolvers; I have NO experience with them.

That being said, I have bought 5 G2c's and a G3. Shot thousands of rounds through them without a single issue. They ate everything that I feed them, including Winchester steel, hands down the worst 9mm made.

I'm looking at getting another G3.

Good luck OP.

So your "actual experience" negates that of others? Check.

I'm sure everyone that didn't get a lemon thinks their Anderson AR is great too. :rolleyes:

Keep buying them, you'll figure it out.

Another Taurus thread that's turned into a :

ED35C81E-4FA6-46ED-8B72-D56DC8F53558.jpeg

I feel bad for the OP. This has been beaten to death and now has buzzards chewing on the carcass.

:rolleyes:

Whatchu mean? I just got here... and who you callin a buzzard anywhey? I'll have you know that I'm an OLD buzzard!!! :D

And this is only the 304th thread on Taurus revolvers... come on man! ;););)

Well it's been said that GUN TESTS only reviews one gun, tht they buy, or if it is bad, a second one. True, so how many guns do you expect then to buy with their own money when the gun rags (and I get most of them) are GIVEN the (single) gun to review by the factory? At least GT reports it when they get a bad one. PLUS the gun writers admit that they refuse to report on anything that doesn't meet their standards, got a whole list of "gun ritters" who admitted in print that they either lied or ignored or simply refused to write about any gun that did not meet their standards. Name any gun rag and sooner or later someone will admit that they either said a POS was the greatest thing since sliced bread, talked around/ignored/failed to report/lied about problems, usually when the company brings out a new/upgraded model of the same gun and they trash the old one they "loved" the first time around.

Chevy vs. Ford is what is going on here. Having owned both, they were fine and I would buy either again. Same with Taurus, all the ones I hve owned/shot have been fine. Every new Kimber I have tried has been junk, and Kimber repair is a sick joke. My experience in sending back Ruger firearms is the repair is a sick joke too. OK, so you sent a gun back and it was wonderful, I am happy for you, my experience has not been good.

Re: Taurus, I had a gunsmith tell me the "warranty is great, and gets used often". I kind of wanted a Judge for a while, but after I saw the .410 pattern at 7 yards I decided I did not have a need for one.

The Judge is the only gun in their lineup that ever interested me.

Re: Taurus, I had a gunsmith tell me the "warranty is great, and gets used often". I kind of wanted a Judge for a while, but after I saw the .410 pattern at 7 yards I decided I did not have a need for one.

The Judge is the only gun in their lineup that ever interested me.

They have handgun specific 410 loads, I've tried them all and at 50ft using 3 buck shot load out of 5 shots there were 9 holes in the kill zone.
Using pdx1 at that distance the disc were all on paper the bbs were all over the paper.. You can always us 45lc for accurate shots.

I've owned two Taurus revolvers.

One was a .44 mag with 6" barrel - had the smoothest action I've ever shot. Worked fine.

The other was a Total Titanium Tracker in .357 mag. Cylinder would not turn after 50 shots. Couldn't hardly get the cylinder to swing out after 50 shots. Come to find out that it had left the factory with less than 0.001" cylinder/barrel gap - entirely too little gap.

Based on that, and other reports of Taurus quality problems, I would say you can flip a coin on your chances of getting a good handgun from Taurus.

Oh, and pretty sure like 90% of us that posted do indeed have ACTUAL experience with Taurus. Including me.
Most people that like guns and own a lot will inevitably have a Taurus in their stable via one route or another. I don't have any now, but I've had a couple and even one that I'd like to have back:
A Model 609 (or something like that), a 2.5" ported .357. All steel and beautifully blued, it's main shortcoming was the lack of aftermarket wood grips. My ex stole and sold it years ago.

I also had a PT92 for a brief period but never fired it... came to me as part of a trade and left the same way.

My suggestion of doing a hands-on inspection and comparison still stands. I would personally avoid anything more powerful than .357 magnum from them, potential durability issues are tough to gauge on a brand new gun. I also wouldn't spend premium money on one... when you start getting into S&W or Ruger territory it's time to just look at S&W or Rugers. That said, I would be willing to take a calculated chance on a Taurus revolver again but the above points need to be met.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top