JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My son is a Taurus guy with 709 Slims, TCP 380s, and Millennium G-2s, . Now he also has other guns, Glocks, S&W revolvers, Beretta Tomcat (.32) and a FN FiveSeven. He likes the Taurus all. He does shoot frequently. (Actually one TCP, Tomcat and the 5-7 belongs to the wife) She likes the TCP, but likes her Tomcat better for her carry gun.

I dont know if mine was a fluke, but I could not install a magazine without pushing the mag release while inserting it. Even if I tried to slam it in with my palm, it would not go in without pushing the release as you inserted it. Other than that, I had no complaints, it was comfortable in hand, shot well, no malfunctions. But because of the magazine issue, I felt I could not trust it as a carry, so I traded it off. ( I did express my concerns, and showed them to the new owner of course)

I had one. My wife has one. Both have been very good guns with one exception. My wife's had a little burr on the edge of the chamber that kept it from chambering every round...
A couple of minutes with some emory cloth and all was well.

For the price they seem decent, I fired one and accuracy was good recoil was as expected with mouse guns. But given the choice of a TCP vs the LCP I would take the LCP for my set up, the Taurus I had to be careful inserting a mag or else it would pinch me to the point it drew blood once. One big pro of the TCP is a functioning slide release.

For the price they seem decent, I fired one and accuracy was good recoil was as expected with mouse guns. But given the choice of a TCP vs the LCP I would take the LCP for my set up, the Taurus I had to be careful inserting a mag or else it would pinch me to the point it drew blood once. One big pro of the TCP is a functioning slide release.
From a Ruger fan:
I felt the Ruger had many more sharp edges on the grip frame. It also does not hold the slide back on an empty mag. The Ruger is ever so slightly smaller, but that wasn't enough to sway me into a purchase.

Last Edited:
Used to play with a TCP, not a bad pocket 380 for the whole 170.00 I paid for it. As others have noted, when bang each time I squeezed the trigger, hit what I was aiming at, cant ask for more from this particular breed. Its no Colt Mustang or Browning BDA 380... But it'll get 'er done...

I have one, and it is my carry gun. It is no bigger than my wallet, and disappears in my cargo pocket or back pocket. I have the stainless model. One thing the TCP has that the LCP and P3AT don't is an extra mag and holster when bought new. Mine goes bang every time, and with every kind of ammo I can find.

I did one upgrade on mine - I replaced the stock guide rod with a stainless model, because on the stock guide rod, part of the flat head end broke off. So rather than send the gun to Taurus, I spent $15, and got an upgrade for less than the cost of shipping to Taurus.

It looks pretty cool to have a stainless guide rod with the stainless slide.

Here is the replacement guide rod info:
Stainless Steel Guide Rod for Taurus TCP
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The world is full of kings and queens, who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It's Heaven and Hell.....

You will need to practice.

.380 ammo is expensive.

9mm on the other hand is cheap. Besides, the 9mm is a better round. I got a Taurus 709 slim. It's a decent size and the recoil isn't all that bad. Though as a CCW, it was still too big for me. I went with a Diamond Back 9. But, the Taurus is still a good range gun for practice.

RealWeights009.jpg

RealWeights008.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Just bought my 2nd TCP this past week. The 1st one was great, but I sold it years ago upgrading to a bigger 9mm. But I have realized that having a little pocket gun is handy, and no 9mm compares to the lightness and size of the tcp/lcp. So now I have both. Got my TCP from Cabela's for $159. It is on sale for $179 (price match cabela's online), then I had one of those $20 coupons. Put 175 rounds through it on Friday without a single issue with the gun. I did hit the mag release on a rapid-fire string once - but that was user error.

Ruger also just came out with the LCP II, with last round open. Looks like it will be in the $280 range.

I bought one, had trigger reset problem. Sent it back to Taurus, they made repairs and returned pretty quick. Haven't had a chance to shoot it since I got it back, but dry firing it seems ok. Aside from that it is handy accurate and shoots well.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top