JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
About ten years ago at a gun show, I purchased a small Taurus revolver with a 2 inch barrel in .38 Special for $125. When I went out to shoot it, it would fire the first round but no BANG after that. Checking the gun, I discovered that it would not index correctly. The cylinder was too loose and free wheeling. Anyhow, it was totally useless.
My son bought it from me with the idea of taking it to a gunsmith to get it fixed. After about nine years he finally took it to his repairman who decided to send it back to Taurus.
Taurus sent him a brand-new Taurus model 85 revolver in exchange! THIS GUN SELLS FOR AROUND $300. They said that the old gun was not repairable.
THREE CHEERS FOR TAURUS!!!

not to be a cynic, but they wouldn't have had cause to send you a new revolver if the original hadn't been broken.

this is taurus' MO: sell broken guns for huge profit, replace those that happen to come back to them. doesn't make them a good manufacturer.

not to be a cynic, but they wouldn't have had cause to send you a new revolver if the original hadn't been broken.

this is taurus' MO: sell broken guns for huge profit, replace those that happen to come back to them. doesn't make them a good manufacturer.

If they sold broken guns, they wouldn't be in business..

Just sayin.

If they sold broken guns, they wouldn't be in business..

Just sayin.

they DO sell broken guns. almost every person ive ever known who's owned one/some has had problems, including two of my own (purchased before i knew better) and one my mother bought on my pre-know-anything recommendation. and most people i know who've come into contact with taurus owners have similar experiences. coming across them on the internet, its more likely than not, "bought a taurus, doesnt work, what should i do?"

they are in business because most people don't shoot their guns. most people, the vast majority of people who buy guns, let them sit in a drawer for 364 days out of the year. some work, some dont- but because hardly anybody ever actually shoots them, the ratio of guns discovered to be dysfunctional is even lower.

they produce cheap knockoffs of guns people see on TV- that's how they stay in business.

I'll give you the fact that Taurus had a rough start but they have cleaned up thier act. They produce a quality product at a reasonable price (in comparison to many others).

I have quite a few and the quality is second to none!

+ the service may be among the best in the industry!

Just saying,

GM made the Vega!

Ford the Pinto!

Dodge the K-car!

Need I go on?

T_H

I'll give you the fact that Taurus had a rough start but they have cleaned up thier act. They produce a quality product at a reasonable price (in comparison to many others).

I have quite a few and the quality is second to none!

+ the service may be among the best in the industry!

Just saying,

GM made the Vega!

Ford the Pinto!

Dodge the K-car!

Need I go on?

T_H

+1 to that.

Long ago Taurus made products that had problems. That is not the case now.

You can get a Lemon with ANY brand.

Answer? Gained knowledge through experience and customer returns and service repairs.

Any company worth a crap should be able to capitalize on prior errors and make needed corrections. I'm sorry you have had trouble with Taurus firearms... I personally have 3 and have had ZERO problems. I think they make a quality product for the money.

Sorry you've had a bad experience.

Some of the absolute worst gun mfg customer experiences I've had were involing a company named Ru@3r. This doesn't mean that over time they cannot turn around thier way of doing business but that is fact from my past experience.

Many manufacturers go through product improvement cycles from basic engineering, elimination of problem lines (or models), outscource component impovements etc.

Couple this with if your company has a reputation of manufacturing inferior products, over charging and then providing piss poor customer service you WILL be gone in time.

Taurus has moved from an inferior "knock off" company to world class.

If you think Taurus or any other manufacturer posts a laundry list of they cycles of learning that they go through your mistaken.

The proof is in the product.

I sell for one of the FFL's that advertises here and we sell many brands. Taurus has no more trouble than any of the major US manufacturers.

Ask around and if you feel like gambling give them another try.

T_H

they DO sell broken guns. almost every person ive ever known who's owned one/some has had problems, including two of my own (purchased before i knew better) and one my mother bought on my pre-know-anything recommendation. and most people i know who've come into contact with taurus owners have similar experiences. coming across them on the internet, its more likely than not, "bought a taurus, doesnt work, what should i do?"

they are in business because most people don't shoot their guns. most people, the vast majority of people who buy guns, let them sit in a drawer for 364 days out of the year. some work, some dont- but because hardly anybody ever actually shoots them, the ratio of guns discovered to be dysfunctional is even lower.

they produce cheap knockoffs of guns people see on TV- that's how they stay in business.

So everyone that you know or are in contact with are anti Taurus because of all theirs being broken from shooting them alot??????? I think it may be more of a case of bash the gun maker cause their not "my" brand or maybe we had one failure so their all bad.
I personally have several Taurus brand revolvers and semi auto's and shoot them regularly and have never had an issue. Maybe just maybe it may be a matter of general handling and maintenance or lack there of that causes all of these individuals you know to have failures with this brand????

As far as the rest of your post, the same can be said for other big name manufactures.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top