JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
they DO sell broken guns. almost every person ive ever known who's owned one/some has had problems

If everything they sold was broken, they wouldn't be in business anymore.. Its very simple. Out of the Taurus weapons my family has owned, I think one after the "break-in" still was having an issue. Sent back and 3 weeks later, it was functioning perfectly.

Again, if they sold broken guns.. I know I wouldn't buy them and I know many others would not either.. (I am positive they would not be in business very long) If you don't like them, thats fine.. Otherwise your opinion of them selling broken guns simply isn't true sir.

They are not the best quality gun, I'll give ya that. But reasonably priced, and a lifetime warranty.. What is there to complain about?

I'll give you the fact that Taurus had a rough start but they have cleaned up thier act. They produce a quality product at a reasonable price (in comparison to many others).

I have quite a few and the quality is second to none!

+ the service may be among the best in the industry!

Just saying,

GM made the Vega!

Ford the Pinto!

Dodge the K-car!

Need I go on?

T_H

GEEEEZE , now we're knockin' the poor Pinto....:s0092:

I don't like Taurus at all.....I find it funny when people associate quality with Taurus. Every Taurus i have handled had shoddy workmanship. Prime example is my best friends Taurus revolver he bought his wife. Small .38 special...very poor build quality. The top strap/rear sight is horribly canted to one side. Not even close to being square to the frame. Literally looked like a 5 year old took it to a edge sander. Plus you can look down the flutes on the cylinder and see bumps from poor machining. I'm sorry but every Smith or Ruger i have handled has vastly superior build quality and fit and finish. Not to mention most gun smiths wont touch Taurus because it costs more in quality replacement parts than the gun is worth. :s0155:

If everything they sold was broken, they wouldn't be in business anymore.. Its very simple. Out of the Taurus weapons my family has owned, I think one after the "break-in" still was having an issue. Sent back and 3 weeks later, it was functioning perfectly.

Again, if they sold broken guns.. I know I wouldn't buy them and I know many others would not either.. (I am positive they would not be in business very long) If you don't like them, thats fine.. Otherwise your opinion of them selling broken guns simply isn't true sir.

They are not the best quality gun, I'll give ya that. But reasonably priced, and a lifetime warranty.. What is there to complain about?

i did not state that every single gun they ship is broken- i stated that they sell "broken guns," and they do. if you really want to dig me on semantics and take us completely away from my point, every manufacturer "sells broken guns." but because every manufacturer "sells broken guns," it is an absolute undeniable FACT that taurus, also, "sells broken guns."

my point was that they sell more broken guns than just about any other major manufacturer. they do this because their QC standards are very low and they use the least expensive manufacturing processes available. cast frames and MIM parts for everything. they'd MIM their barrels if they thought they could get away with it.

as far as the lifetime warranty- that's fine, that's great in fact.. but it doesn't do you any good when your wife pulls it out of the drawer to defend against the intruder in your house and the trigger seizes up.

I worked for BE Hodgdon Inc back in the late 70's and early '80's. Taurus guns were pretty much crap when we distributed them and I would not recommend them to my customers. Their guns that I see now are a 180 degree turnaround in quality from what they were back when I was selling them. In the 90's Taurus made significant investment in modern CNC machining and quality control measures.

I will say this, the only pistol I ever sent back to a manufacturer because it was defective is the most expensive one I own, a DW CBOB. DW also had the option of repairing my gun, but they went thru 5 different brand new pistols they had on the rack, test fired them all and sent me the one they thought was the best.

EVERYONE makes a lemon from time to time.

The only Issue I have with Taurus is where they put the safety. on some of the semi autos..
Its very easy to slip the safety from "On" to "Off"
I'd never keep one in the pipe.
Other than that, they always fire for me.
Decent guns.
Decent prices.

I own a Taurus .357 revolver. I've had it about 15 years and have about 1500 rounds through it. I've never had so much as a hiccup from it. It's been nothing but a top notch reliable firearm. Heck, I even qualified on it back in the late 90's for my duty weapon as a security officer and shot better than everyone else on the range that day (all of whom were shooting either Glocks or 1911s and one Glock guy kept having issues and had to leave.)

In my line of work I usually find that issues with firearms aren't because the manufacturer is defective but because some user is an idiot and tries messing with things to "improve" it. I have also never found a firearm that couldn't be repaired unless the receiver was totally fubed up. Parts are replaceable and if I can't find them, I'll make them.

I've worked as a gunsmith and a gun salesman. Without a doubt, more Taurus need to go back to the factory for repair than any other manufacturer, period. The quality control is not good. Just because the three you have are all functional does not make good QC. I've owned a couple. They functioned. You could tell that they were cheaply made. You notice small things. Barrel crown, internals, etc.
My person opinion on Taurus firearms is that I wouldn't mind owning one as a range gun, but would NEVER trust my life to one.

my pt145 pro was a real winner... 50% of the ammo I put through it wasn't struck hard enough by the hammer to discharge that round... I tried that SAME round in my 1911.... and got a bang. My friend bought a PT1911 from them, if you breathed on it, the slide catch would drop the slide, this would be particularly bad if you were to have a finger in the action to clean, or clear a jam etc.... I don't think I will own another taurus, but I'm glad for those of you who do like them. PS.... my SA slide catch in my buddy's PT1911 solved his issue.... but should you have to replace parts on a brand new weapon just out of the box?! I don't think so

I own a Taurus .357 revolver. I've had it about 15 years and have about 1500 rounds through it. I've never had so much as a hiccup from it. It's been nothing but a top notch reliable firearm. Heck, I even qualified on it back in the late 90's for my duty weapon as a security officer and shot better than everyone else on the range that day (all of whom were shooting either Glocks or 1911s and one Glock guy kept having issues and had to leave.)

In my line of work I usually find that issues with firearms aren't because the manufacturer is defective but because some user is an idiot and tries messing with things to "improve" it. I have also never found a firearm that couldn't be repaired unless the receiver was totally fubed up. Parts are replaceable and if I can't find them, I'll make them.

this is an astonishingly perfect example of what i'm talking about.. 1,500 rounds in 15 years? 100 rounds a year? and i bet you did all 100 one day out of the year.

you don't shoot your taurus. how can you claim it's reliable? 100 a year is nothing, and it lends absolutely nothing to support the falsehood that taurus produces a gun worthy of money.

this is an astonishingly perfect example of what i'm talking about.. 1,500 rounds in 15 years? 100 rounds a year? and i bet you did all 100 one day out of the year.

you don't shoot your taurus. how can you claim it's reliable? 100 a year is nothing, and it lends absolutely nothing to support the falsehood that taurus produces a gun worthy of money.

Why dont you crawl back under your log. It seems to me that most of your posts, not just in this thread either, are total negativity and always bashing the other guys guns. If you dont have something constructive to say about the original post then dont post. I am sure ALL of your guns function flawlessly and have millions of rounds through each one without so much as a hiccup. I am also sure that no finer specimen of each firearm you own exists and will not argue with you, so please leave the rest of us to have fun with our cheap broken firearms that we throw at people when we need to defend ourselves, thanks.:s0155:

Actually, believe it or not, it wasn't all spread out. There were several years where it wasn't fired at all. This year I probably put 500 through it and about 300 last year. It's not my primary carry anymore so it doesn't get the range time my XD does. However, like I said, never a hiccup. I would still stake my life on it.

This new Taurus revolver that I mentioned when I started this thread looks pretty good to me. The double action pull is horrible but single action is not too bad. I don't see any bad machine marks or other problems. But, we haven't had a chance to get out and test fire it yet. To me, function is more important than glitter. We'll see!

Although we have yet to fire the Taurus that we are talking about in this thread, we are leaning to possibly trying to trade it towards a different weapon. This revolver is a light weight gun with a brutal double action pull. We feel that firing it double action might make it next to impossible to hit anything smaller than a barn. So, instead of shooting it we may tour a few gun shops to see what we can come up with. If all else fails, we'll go out and see how it shoots.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top