JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You could but it wouldnt be real high on my practical list for concealed carry unless you work at the bear exhibit at the zoo.

Screenshot 2020-04-26 at 6.28.17 PM.png

That's a big gun and very heavy, I have carried this light weight one a few times.

Dose anyone know if you could make aTaurus Raging Hunter 44 mag 5.12 a daily concealed ?
Frankly, consider the weight...loaded. I have a number of handguns and switch between them occasionally.

I love my revolvers, but outside of my Ruger lcrx .38 +p, I can't say any of them have lasted more than a couple days under my shoulder, or on my hip.

Truth is, you can make most anything work....ish. There are a few likely outcomes with trying to conceal a handgun that large, though. '

Most likely, you'll buy and try multiple holsters. Some might even feel acceptable short term, but they'll all end up too uncomfortable, and too inconvenient, to stick with. Final result is either not carrying full time, or switching to an easier weapon to live with. Just my experience.

Truth is, you can make most anything work....ish. There are a few likely outcomes with trying to conceal a handgun that large, though. '

Most likely, you'll buy and try multiple holsters. Some might even feel acceptable short term, but they'll all end up too uncomfortable, and too inconvenient, to stick with. Final result is either not carrying full time, or switching to an easier weapon to live with. Just my experience.
Spoken like a true soldier. I may just try and see if it will work.

I did open carry a S&W 629 Classic (5" barrel) in one of those Kramer horse hide pancake holsters for a while when I lived in Wyoming bear country. It was sorta OK, but I can't say I did it for long. If you don't really need that kind of horse power, why do it?

The 357 mag is available at Classic firearms right now.
For $680 I was looking at it but not sure if that is a good deal or not.
Need to do some research. Screenshot_2020-05-09_234629.jpg Screenshot_2020-05-09_234637.jpg

"Dose anyone know if you could make aTaurus Raging Hunter 44 mag 5.12 a daily concealed ?"
Are you asking because you have one, or are you thinking about getting one?
The DVC equation is a balance of the 3 components: Speed, Power, and accuracy. The .44 Mag leans heavily on the Power and accuracy, to the detriment of speed. Is there some particular reason you are looking at it for SD, like hiking in bear country, or 6'5" 280# meth heads.? .44 Mag is more likely to overpenetrate with a lot of left over energy. .357 is as effective against human or sub-human assailants as the .44 with better speed for follow-up shots. I don't feel inadequately armed with a .357.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top