JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just want to get an opinion on this pistol, it is the older model without the decocker. It is stainless and probably in 95% condition. Just traded some work for it from a buddy that was low on funds and needed his truck fixed. Came with three mags and looks to be in real good shape. Did not really need another 9mm but I am a glutten for punishment when a friend is in need. Opinions, worth?

Incredible pistols. Taurus purchased the Beretta manufacturing plant in brazil. They're made on the same exact machines.

The only down side is they're a little thicker than the 92fs and thus need different (wider) holsters. This goes mostly for the kydex and Blackhawk holsters.

Although an older non-decocker model they're still very reliable pistols!
Mine was made in 94 (no stupid safety lock) but it has a decocker.

The older models are of course worth a little less, especially used: $295-$395 maybe $400.
But at that price point most opt to purchase a used 92fs.
Bartering your trade/work for a firearm is always a good deal.

We've done some of that with our pest control.

When you clean it watch the lug under the barrel for cracking. Mine cracked, I sent it back and sold it. Mine was made in 1986. ( you can check your build date on their site) I loved shooting it. I even carried it for a year. Good luck with yours. Keep an eye on it.

Will break it down and inspect,for its age this thing looks practically brand new. The guy must of not shot it very much that's for sure. If all checks out looks like I did ok.

The only down side is they're a little thicker than the 92fs and thus need different (wider) holsters. This goes mostly for the kydex and Blackhawk holsters.
Not strictly true, in 40 cal the Taurus (model 100/101) has a thicker slide than the 40 cal Beretta 96. In 9mm the Taurus 92/99 are the same dimensions as the Beretta 92/96.
Back when I was a kid there was a good sized price difference. But as was mentioned it is relatively easy to find a used or trade in Beretta at a good price though I like the Taurus safety better. The Taurus is an okay gun, and mine has lasted about 5000 rounds without much issue, though I would not call them an endurance gun. I put a red dot sight on mine and its a fun plinking piece. Supposedly Taurus does not suffer from the broken lugs/cracked slide issues as much. A buddy owned a firing range and used Taurus over Berettas for rentals because of that, he had a bowl full of cracked Beretta locking blocks. Just keep those lugs greased and stick with standard pressure rounds.