JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
very low. Anybody know of a taller rear sight to correct it or a lower front sight?

This is not a low left flinch sort of thing. It just shoots low. Way to low in fact for my liking anyways. I know a few other people that make the same claim so somebody must have discovered a good fix by now besides aiming high.

So anybody?

I bought a PT145 last November, but the built-in safety device broke the first night. I think I've fixed it, but haven't had a chance to take it to a range to be sure. When I cock it empty and try to dry-fire it the trigger feels weird. Is that just how PT145s are, or do you think I need to send it into the factory?

(Once I can actually shoot it, I'll be able to comment on how it shoots..... :) )

The sights are not setup for a 6 o'clock hold but are designed for POA/POI at defensive distances. That being said you can do the following:

Completely blacken out the front sight
Tape off the upper 2/3rd's of the old dot.
Tape off another section the same distance that you took off from the top of the orginal dot but start it below the remaining 1/3.
Paint the new area with hi viz green acrylic paint.

You should end up with a lower visual reference that will allow you to use a 6 o'clock hold.

Wow, Thanks guys. I did know about the file down the front sight thing and have considered doing so. I might do that since it seems like the cheapest easiest fix but I have to tell you I have apprehensions in doing so. See I'm more of a measuring, cutting, and welding kind of guy but I'm really bad at finish work. I suppose I'll give it a try one of these days. As a defensive weapon it does point shoot pretty well but as soon as I find the sights I'm shooting low and fighting to point the front sight up in a vain attempt to get it on target. It's quite annoying as you know. I'll look at my PT1911 tonight and see if the rear sight is cut the same and see if it really is taller because that might be the road I venture down as well.

Update! I ended up filing down the front sight, completely eliminating the white dot. It now shoots slightly high at 25 yards but I am quite a bit happier with that then shooting grossly low. Thanks again to all that responded. I will continue to look for a replacement front sight that is lower profile to replace it with.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top