JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Took the new Taurus PT111 9mm out today and but 55 rounds through it. Before shooting the new pistol I field stripped it and washed all the blackgunk out of it. Took the magazines apart, cleaned them too.Lubed the gun with 5-30 Mobil One, wiped down the magazines with Beechwood Casey Barricade. The temp was in the low 40's and the wind was blowing off the snow capped hills, so had a cold trigger finger, THe gun initially shot low and to the left, that was me. aftera few rounds of 115gr FMJ I got a sight picture that started hitting the center of the target. I only had 2 FTF with the old PMC I had, this has happened before with otherguns, hard primers on PMC ammo. The second strike thing worked on one and a third strike worked onthe other round. Getting used to the long trigger pull will be interesting, but it seems to have a reasonable reset. I shot 115 gr Winchester Silvertip alternately between the PMC, not a hi-cup, also Corbon Plus P, typical short barrel gun as far as recoil and accuracy when starting. Shot some rounds with leather gloves on, pretty nice in cold weather. All in all a nice small 9mm, looks like a good pocket gun. Bill

I picked up the same pistol for my wife and it's a pretty darn accurate pistol for the money . She's never shot a small pistol like this and within 2 shot's she was hitting the steel plates and knocking them down at 10 yards . She was shooting PMC out of the big yellow box and never had any issues . Should also note that this was at ARPC and it was 40 degrees outside :s0114:. My only issue with ME shooting the gun was my hand placement would hit the mag release button and try to drop the mag and get a FTF . No fault of the gun :s0155:. Well worth the $345 I paid for it .

I have had one for gosh around 9 years now. That little gun has never failed to go bang when I pulled the trigger. The trigger is long but smooth. Now that I have a glock 19, it doesn't get the attention it use to.

I find that the arc of the trigger guard has tendency to pull the barrel down when rapid firing, my trigger finger at the moment of let-off contacts the trigger guard and pulls the barrel out of vertical alignment. Guess it is just a finger used to the Sig and 1911 let off. Very cocealable and I am working on it for pocket use. It has been flawless firing wise, a good point. Spad

I love the Taurus Pt Series, I have a PT145 and for the $$$ is the best bang out there in my opinion. I was thinking of getting the wife the PT111 as she prefers the Auto's to her snub .38 but she kept wanting to get a Glock 23 but it's too big for her hands. She hasn't handled the PT111 yet, but I think she's going to like it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top