JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys,
my brother long ago got this PT-22, never fired it until a few years ago, or I should say, tried to fire it. Turns out the end of the firing pin had sheared off at the base, so basically it was dead in the water. So he gave me the firing pin and ask me to hunt down a replacement since he couldn't source one. I looked into it, and sure enough, Taurus doesn't sell em, they want you to send it in for a replacement pin. So since I build most of my parts anyways, I got creative (took me like 2 years to do it though). I drilled a hole into the firing pin, about 1/4" deep with a .076" (#48) drill, cut up the solid end of a tungsten-carbide #48 drill to use as the pin (for added strength), dropped it into the hole I made, brazed it in place, and cleaned it up. So, now i need to figure out how to cut it to spec. I would gather that with the spring and retaining pin in place, the logical course of action would be to cut it flush to the firing pin hole on the slide. But... what if i'm wrong? What if the end of the pin has a tip, what if its not flush (its gotta be though..)? So my question is, have any of you worked with these lil suckers, or maybe have one i could use as a reference? I need a pic of the firing pin in its place in the slide, looking at it from within the chamber so I can see if its flush or not, and whether or not the tip is anything other than flat. Even better would be if i can get someone to mic it, overall length and pin end length. Anyone able to help a brother out? :)

TL;DR- I need a pic of the firing pin in place in the slide, from the chamber end, to see if its flush or not, and if it has a specialized tip.

Thanks!

It is exactly flush w/the slide face, and cut to a vertical rectangle in order to strike the primer correctly. Do not have a pic of this, but look at vurtually any other .22lr firing pin to see how it is profiled.

after i posted that, i thought about it and figured it would have a vertical rectangle, thanks for confirming that. i cut it yesterday (impatience), and it sounds like i got it right; i cut it flush and gave it a vertical rectangle :)

It is exactly flush w/the slide face, and cut to a vertical rectangle in order to strike the primer correctly. Do not have a pic of this, but look at vurtually any other .22lr firing pin to see how it is profiled.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top