JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
hey guys i just baught my wife a taurus pt111 millennium pro as a valentins day present anybody have any thoughts or experiance with this gun? she had a sig masuito that got stollen last month and was going to upgrade to a sig p6 for a carry gun but she shot a taurus and had to have one,also a little easier to carry and manipulate for her. i ran about 100rds through it today and only had one malfunction a ftf with 124gr +p hst ammo.

This is a great handgun! My dad had one until recently and loved it! I enjoyed shooting it too and we never had any issues with it. He purchased it with the understanding that it had troubles with rounds going into battery. When we got it, I detail striped it, cleaned it and lubed accordingly. Ran 100% with everything.

FTF's can mean Failure to Fire or Failure to Feed. Which problem did you have? The only 9mm issues I've ever had are bad primers on some cheaper ammo and the occasional HST or hollow point.

Just field strip her(the Taurus), clean, lube and reassemble. Shoot to break in and re-clean.

Keep us posted and you made a great decision going with the Taurus. If there is ever a problem you can't fix, send it to them and they will fix it. Very quickly at that!

Enjoy! :s0155:

the problem i had was a failure to feed. also i was short of time so i got lazy and didnt clean the gun first i just gave it a little lube. i am about to clean it up good and relube hoping to put a couple of hundred rounds through it sunday to get it broke in

Just got my PT111 yesterday, field stripped it and cleaned all the black gunk out of it, lubed it and will give it a testrun ASAP. Nice size and fits in the front pocket.Take a look at the Taurus Armed.net, lot of exposure on the PT series. Spad

happy to report that the taurus ran through 200rds of ball and 50rds of hps yesterday without a hitch. anyone recomend a good non +p hp of 115gr or less for this gun? my wife would like a little less recoil than the 127gr +p+ stuff i use

I would recommend the +P 115gr HP's as the velocity will help while keeping the recoil more manageable. I've said for a long time now, "what good is a REALLY hot round if the shooter can't get hits with it?"

Glad to hear the gun has not malfunctioned further. Figured it was just a cleaning deal.

Good luck!

Squareguy, Go to Wallyworld and get some standard pressure WW White Box 115gr, also try Winchester 115 gr Silvertips. I took my new PT115 out today and fired a box of 115gr PMC, some Winchester Silver Tips also 115 gr. Plus some Corbon Plus P 115 gr.stuff. Only failure I had worked on the second strike, and that was on the PMC. PMC has hard primers and I've had failures with other pistols on this stuff, it is pretty old, probaly 20 years or so. For your wife stick with something comfortable, if you can't hit anything with the hot stuff, in fact I would stay away from th hot stuff in a P111. Small, short barrel pistols are not easy to shot to start with. The PT111 is a nice pistol. I took the mags apart and cleaned them before shooting. Have fun, Bill