Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Taurus Magazine Inquiry: PT-145 Millennium Pro

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by All2kool, Feb 26, 2011.

1. All2kool

All2kool Portland, OR Active Member

Firearm is a Taurus PT-145 Millennium Pro with a very low round count. It's all I can do to get the 10th round into the (factory) magazine. Is this normal?

2. sir-kind78

sir-kind78 Vancouver WA Member

My Pt145 was the same way. Get a mag loader and save your thumb man. It will catch and hang though but might be tough to insert with the slide closed. Think they built it for a 9 in the mag and the 10th in the chamber. Silly concept, I know but why not always have 10 in the mag and an extra in the chamber, With room to set the mag that is.

Awesome gun mine was able to hit a 8" target at 100 yards. Well third shot anyway I got it lol! Handy and comfy to carry too.

Meh 1911 addiction killed my time with the pt145.

3. All2kool

Even using the factory provided magazine loader, much effort is needed to get that 10th round into the factory magazine. And then the magazine almost needs to be slammed into the firearm. I like this gun because it can be loaded with 11 rounds and de-cocked by pulling the slide back about /14 of inch and pulling the trigger while releasing the slide slowly. I just wish it had an actual de-cocker.

4. billdeserthills

billdeserthills Cave Creek, Arizony Well-Known Member

I heard something about leaving the mag loaded as full as possible for a couple of weeks for it to "break in" then forcing the extra round into it

5. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I have three PT-145's and I can't say that any of my mags are that hard to get the 10th rd in. In fact I just had my regular carry one apart and loaded the last round in with no trouble.

8 US Presidents have been NRA members
    80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
    NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
    Washington Arms Collector member
    Arms Collectors of South West Washington member

6. kenf729

kenf729 Forest Grove Oregon Member

I've had my pt145 for over a year now...no issues on any mags getting the 10th round in. but then they have been loaded since the day I got them...

Ken

7. All2kool

Mine is just real stiff. It has gotten ever so slightly easier after leaving the clip fully loaded for a couple of days. This is a new Taurus for me and by judging the condition, it can't have fired 20 rounds, if any at all.

8. kenf729

I think you'll be happy with it, get used to the long trigger pull and yor targets will improve...at first I was shooting low left, once i got used to the trigger now shoots great!!!

9. All2kool

Long trigger pull?

10. iusmc2002

iusmc2002 Colville, WA Active Member

With the 10th round in the mag, my wife was having a hard time cycling the action quickly. She's no gunfighter, so its not surprising. The remedy for us was just having 9 in the mag. I told her she gets 4 double-taps, and then saves the last one for herself hahahahaha

11. jknight68

jknight68 Sweet Home, Oregon New Member

I have had 2 PT145s and have no issues getting the 10th round into the mag. And I agree with others here that this is an awesome pistol. I have actually looked to buy a Glock and an S&W and I have had Sigs but I just do not like them as well ergonomically. IMO you cannot buy a better concealed carry .45 pistol. Way to go Taurus.

12. All2kool

I've been loading and unloading the magazine several times a day and letting it stay fully loaded; it is getting easier each time. Looking forward to actually firing this gun soon.

13. kenf729

Yea, longer than most auto's you get used to it really quick...actually makes it like a second safty, good for keeping one in the pipe ready to go at a moments notice...
    and I'll second jknight68, this is a great compact 10+1 .45 cal CC pistol.

Ken

14. All2kool

I picked up another PT145 Magazine ($29.95, factory Taurus) today from Little Bear's Gun Shop in Hillsboro and it is just slightly easier to load. I notice it fits into the firearm a little more snuggly as well.

15. MilesTeg

MilesTeg Troutdale, OR Active Member

My PT's were a little tough to load at first as well. They will loosen up. My old PT145 also accepted the P14 Para Ord mag's as well and those were a real pleasure to load.....

BTW: I have an Armalaser for the PT145 if anyone is interested in buying it. Send me a pm.