JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
well i just picked one of these up yesterday on kinda an impulse buy, got it from fishermens for 360$ with a lifetime warranty i just couldnt pass it up

taurus m605 2" stainless 5 shot

just wanting to know some opinions from owners of this revolver.
and i am wondering if it will be able to handle any factory 357 loads that i run through it.

i got it for carry purposes more then shooting, but i do plan on putting a couple hundred rounds through it to get a good feel for it.

I have had a 605 titanium model for several years. I have fired a variety of .38s and .357s with no problems. For my particular model it is not recommended to shoot anything smaller than 124 grain bullet in .357...has something to do with the titanium. You may want to check the owner's manual to see if there is a similar restriction for the SS version.

Glad to hear the Taurus M605 works good for you. I also acquired one recently with the 3 inch barrel, it looks great. Haven't gone to the range yet; just bought a box of Remington 38 special with 130 grain bullets to test it. After that I will post a comment here and let you know how it performed.

i ended up selling the 605 to a friend and went with an sp101 instead, the 605 is still going strong and has been able to handle anything that i fed it. i loaded some 158gr xtp's over 14gr of 2400 and it seemed to handle those as well, they were pretty hot and chroned right around 1170 fps.

I recently got one in a non-firearm trade and did not have high hopes at first but because I came out WAY ahead in the deal I thought it would be good trade material - until I shot it. Mine is deadly accurate with a crisp trigger of about 3 lbs and with 3.5 grains of Bullseye and 125 grain bullets is a pleasure to shoot. It is quickly becoming my favorite gun and I shoot it a lot. Shotgun shells at 20 - 25 yards are no longer reloadable!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top