JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have read complaints all over the place about these guns breaking. Some will only fire one size ammo through a certain cylinder, but not the other (can't remember if it was the .410 or the 45 that wouldn't fire). Also have read posts from several gun shops that have stopped carrying them due to all of the problems with the gun. I wanted one too until I heard about the issues with durability.

i talked to Taurus a few weeks ago, asking them about problems. He told me that they have had a few problems with the Judge. He thinks that it is because they have increased the production so far that a few may slip by. Their customer service has had no problems repairing anything that shows up.

The only way I would buy a revolver in .410 is if it was made by Ruger. The two just seem to be made for each other. I refuse any more Taurus products. I have owned 4 Taurus. I have owned 4 Glocks, I have owned more than 4 S&W. I have had to fix 3 of the 4 Taurus, none of the Glocks and none of the S&W's. They are just not well made guns. Some people have great luck with theirs, other people have no luck...

I've shot my buddy's Public defender. I think it's a pretty fun gun to shoot and it's a little different which is cool. I don't think it's any more "pointless" then a lot of guns on the market. If I only had the choice of one gun, it's probably not it. Might make a great Grouse gun.

Eddie

I owned one for about a month. The only good I could find to have it was to keep in the center console of the truck. They don't shoot very well. The pattern of the .410 is not that great. All in all I would not buy another one, unless the price was right, then I would just stick it in the center console with .410 #4's and leave it until I needed it.

Jack

did you shoot 45lc through it? what kind of group could you get at 25yds? Is there something about the gun that's inherently inaccurate?

I want one handgun for all applications (not including CCW), and the Judge seems like a good fit for me. Thanks for the feedback so far!

I had problems with mine, sent it in and now it works. I'm not sure, but I think they replaced the cylinder or re-machined it. They definately replace the ejection star.
One problem that's inherent is the .410 shells will not eject just by pushing the ejection rod. You still need to hand pull out the spent shells. Fun gun to shoot, not a CCH by any means.

Local dealers selling them as fast as they come in. NO serious complaints heard there (checked with 2 local dealers before I bought mine).

I have a 4510 3Bmag (3" cylinder, 3" barrel). No problems at all so far.
Just took it to the range for the first time yesterday after about 20 rounds at home just to loosen things up.

As for tight fit for cartridges, yes, 3 of 5 were tight at first. Then I hit myself on the head, cleaned the cylinder and all slid in with no problem.

Used Federal .410 HD rounds first. 2 1/2" shells, four 000 pellets. At 21' they grouped from 2 1/2" to 4 1/2 ", with all but one under 3".

Using .45 Colt, slow fire (35 seconds for 5 rounds) group at 21' was
1 1/4". Rapid fire (for me) at 20 seconds for 5 rounds, groups were 2 1/4" to 2 1/2".

Recoil is not bad at all.

This model is not for concealed carry (it measures 9") but it's my nightstand gun now.

The only way I would buy a revolver in .410 is if it was made by Ruger. The two just seem to be made for each other. I refuse any more Taurus products. I have owned 4 Taurus. I have owned 4 Glocks, I have owned more than 4 S&W. I have had to fix 3 of the 4 Taurus, none of the Glocks and none of the S&W's. They are just not well made guns. Some people have great luck with theirs, other people have no luck...

I had the same experience with Taurus revolvers, except all 3 of them broke repeatedy

Quality aside..the Judge is not a suitable self defense handgun unless you are going to carry it open carry in snake country, to defend against poisonous snakes. 410 out of a rifled handgun is not going to be a manstopper. If the OP wants a 45 Colt, he should look at the excellent S & W revolver line up

Check out this test of the Judge.. in case you might be tempted to think slugs or buckshot out of it are going to manstoppers

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot41.htm

.410 #2 3" makes a great load for the Taurus Judge with the 3" Barrel. JMO

making a special .410 for the Judge? It has 3 copper plated flattend pellets and a dozen or so BB size plated pellets. The flattened pellets are about .38 to .40 in size and all that hitting at once will do some damage.

I carry a Win 1300 in the MH loaded with the ½ size Aguila rounds and a KelTec in .223 (or an AK-74). Thinking that a Judge with that round might be better for the close quarters in a MH

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top