Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Taurus Judge Polymer

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by wineryduck, Apr 28, 2013.

1. wineryduck

wineryduck Snohomish, WA New Member

I am looking at the different options for the Taurus Judge. Can anyone list the pros and cons of the poly body for the Public Defender, besides the potential for being lighter in weight? Thanks

2. RBid

RBid Wilsonville, OR Well-Known Member

Pros:

Lower material cost, reduced weight helps with carry comfort

Cons:

Reduced weight increases felt recoil

That's it.

3. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

What he said^

.. I for one would much rather have a heavy frame for a judge. Just my .02

4. wineryduck

wineryduck Snohomish, WA New Member

Thanks for the info, cost vs recoil but otherwise an OK material.

5. soberups

soberups Newberg Well-Known Member

If you are going to rely on your Judge for personal/home defense, I would strongly suggest that you first check out theboxotruth.com to see real world penetration testing of the various .410 shot loads that are available for the Judge. The ballistic performance of these loads is universally poor. If I had no other choice but to rely upon a Judge for defense I would load it with .45 Long Colt HP's, which means that at best the gun is an oversized, overweight 5 shot revolver chambered in an obsolete/hard to find caliber that cant use speedloaders. For the money, a conventional 5 or 6 shot revolver in 38 or 357 is a much better choice. No amount of slick marketing by the ammo companies can change the fact that the .410 is a small game round for women and children.

the4thshake and (deleted member) like this.