JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The .410 shotshell round is already a marginal choice at best for personal defense, and that is coming out of an 18" smooth barrel.
Fired out of a 4" barrel with rifling (that will spin the shot and widen the pattern) and it is even worse.
Combine that with the fact that it has sub-optimal barrel length relative to its overall size, only holds 5 shots, and cant use speed loaders, and what you wind up with is basically a gimmick. And to make matters worse, it is a Taurus.
At that size and weight, I would rather just have a 4" .357 or .45 Colt revolver for home defense. If I want a gun that can shoot .410 shells I will spend $150 on a .410 shotgun and call it good.

That last pic looks like the cartridge is longer than .45 LC - maybe .454 or .460?

Bear in mind, that the cylinder on those revolvers is long enough to take a .410 shotshell, then look at how long the brass is in that pic in relation to the cylinder.

Maybe all brass shotshells?

harris-shotshells.jpg

I have these in both 2 1/2" and 3". I never have shot .45LC in either of my Judge firearms and never will... they make guns for that!! BTW for those that don't know, the Judge comes with separate chokes, rifled for shooting .45LC, and smoothbore for shooting .410 shells... It would be really nice if ya'll quit the disinformation.

2014645_01_winchester_pdx1_410_awesome_pe_640.jpg

I have these in both 2 1/2" and 3". I never have shot .45LC in either of my Judge firearms and never will... they make guns for that!! BTW for those that don't know, the Judge comes with separate chokes, rifled for shooting .45LC, and smoothbore for shooting .410 shells... It would be really nice if ya'll quit the disinformation.

View attachment 443137

Q: Can you fit a .454 or .460 cartridge into one?

I always wanted a circuit judge ( the rifle version ) too bad taurus makes them. taurus= not my money ....
Why did S&W sell them the tooled machines!? Crazy

First I would be willing to bet this was done with hand load's. While not impossible that it was a manufacturing defect I highly doubt it with it being that bad. It is amazing how many think Taurus was first with these too. A company was making a 5 shot wheel gun to take 410 / 45 Colt a decade or better before Taurus brought these out. They never caught on and you rarely see the original idea any more. They all suffer the same problems. 45 Colt has a long lead which tends to effect accuracy. Have heard some claim theirs does great but have not seen it myself. The other is the 410 shells in these look real impressive on things like a shoot n see but they make very shallow wounds in animals you want to stop. The guns are always large and heavy. Taurus did a great job of marketing to get this idea going again but I don't get why. It's a too each his own thing but they don't work well with the 410 or the .45 colt ammo. Still if one was blowing up like that with factory ammo there would be a recall going on.

The .410 shotshell round is already a marginal choice at best for personal defense, and that is coming out of an 18" smooth barrel.
Fired out of a 4" barrel with rifling (that will spin the shot and widen the pattern) and it is even worse.
Combine that with the fact that it has sub-optimal barrel length relative to its overall size, only holds 5 shots, and cant use speed loaders, and what you wind up with is basically a gimmick. And to make matters worse, it is a Taurus.
At that size and weight, I would rather just have a 4" .357 or .45 Colt revolver for home defense. If I want a gun that can shoot .410 shells I will spend $150 on a .410 shotgun and call it good.

I have had a few ask me about the Judge and the gun that was made long before the judge for a snake gun. I have always told them if they want to use shot for snakes just buy a .44, 44 Mag, or .45 Colt of their choice and use those CCI shot shells. Taurus did some great marketing to get these to sell when the people who tired it long before failed.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top