JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lots of quality firearms aren't made in the states. Doesn't mean they automatically shouldn't be supported.

But Taurus? F Em.

you can get a steel framed military police surplus pistol for 300 give or take ,like feg zastava , Beretta,star ect that will last 1000,s of rounds and use it for range and Carry

I've just read through every post in this thread. Every one. First off, I have to hand it to you, OP, for having the fortitude and endurance to have fired your TCP for two thousand rounds.

Second, the wonky trigger described in the very first post, that's a dangerous feature. When a gun gets like that, time to stop shooting it. I assume that when the gun finally did come back to you, that had been remedied. Which is a moot point since the thing broke again before you could get to a range.

I had a very short experience with a Ruger LCP, which I say stands for "Little Clown Pistol." I bought it on price point alone, it was on sale cheap as a new gun. It was an absolute displeasure to shoot. Uncomfortable and hurtful. I hated the DA only trigger. These miniature pistols have quite a following these days as a hide-out gun. But seriously, you have to be able to shoot effectively it for it to be potentially useful. And if a lot of practice is what it takes with these designs, you're in for a lot of discomfort in the course of that process.

I have to say I've never owned a Taurus. I do not mean to sound snobbish when I say the following. I've always liked quality guns. Not high end stuff, but better quality stuff. Say Smith & Wesson and Colt, as examples. Even they have made some stinkers but those are exceptions. A big part of the reason I buy a certain firearm is because of its qualities as a piece of machinery. Some people don't have an eye for it, but in firearms good quality is a visual thing. You can place a Taurus side by side with a Smith & Wesson and see the difference in quality without even picking them up. So I try to buy the best guns I can afford. Not everyone has that option, so Taurus and other lesser brands exist. Then there are some people who don't know any better or don't care, so long as it's a gun they must have. For its intended purpose, imagine that.

Having said the foregoing, there was a Taurus that I was tempted to buy once. Because of caliber. It was a .32 H&R Mag. revolver, I forget which model. But in that caliber, it was a kind of unusual gun and a fired a cartridge that I already load.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top