JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've only had it for a day, so not too much to report as of yet. Got maybe 20-30 rounds through it today. Wanted to put more through it, but got the boot from the bay at TCGC for not looking at the right calendar. I was too busy messing around with the other stuff I brought. I definitely need a thorough, this pistol only, range trip.

I swapped the grips almost immediately. The VZ grips are very comfortable and look great. They need to be fitted so they snug up better. I'll do that later.

Fit and finish are on par with my Rugers. The bead blasted stainless looks very nice.

Trigger compares to typical double actions. Heavy, not much grit. I imagine it will smooth out over time. Single action was very similar to my Rugers.

Sights aren't anything to get excited about. Drift rear is off from factory and it was shooting to the right. I'll have to get more time behind it and make the necessary adjustments. It was consistent, so I'm guessing once adjusted it will be fine. Might look to see what front sight options are out there. A fiber optic would be nice.

Hoping to put it into the rotation of 22 plinking.

Not that I don't have enough of those!

Should be a great Covid special. Since it will slow me way down compared to a 10/22 or my fave, the TX22.

Happy plinking!

Reno

C5B013E7-4309-46CE-8CE8-71BD5868541D.jpeg

Loving the stocks, Murica!

How's the double action pull, just plain stiff or does it seem to stack?
The double action reminds me of how my Sp101 felt when it was new. I don't have many double actions. I can count them on one hand. So my experiences with them are limited.

Would be cool if they offered it in a 10 shot config. Those grips are sweet!!
Rugers GP100 would suit that need. It's just 2x the price! I almost did once. It's a bigger pistol however. This Taurus is about the same size as a SP101.

Good looking gun! Careful of dry firing. I had a fairly modern taurus 22 DA revolver & it would make contact.
The cylinder has recessed chambers, I'm under the impression that's the worst for dry fire. I definitely won't be, though it's always temping to just pull the trigger on a double action revolver a few times!

Put about 300 rounds through it yesterday when out with the kiddo in the woods. Sights are on now. All I had to do is center the rear sight. Still liked the idea of a fiber optic front for it.

100 rounds were colibri, and the kiddo got to shoot most of those. He can't hold it himself, but he likes to pull the hammer back and help load, as well as pull the trigger with dads help. He is learning fast and I'm pushing safety on him the entire time.

As he gets older, this one will definitely be one for him to plink with! Also makes me want to look into the lighter LCRs for this reason.

Anyways, hard to beat the reliability of a revolver. All rounds went bang. Shot a good variety through it, even some CCI shotshell rounds at a few yellow jackets!

Took the grips off and slightly ground down the parts that fit up against the frame to get the gap to go away.

May take it completely apart next cleaning cycle to Polish some of the internals to try and get the double action pull a bit smoother.

This weekend is speed steel, maybe before or after, I'll try and get some rounds through it on paper and see what it is capable of.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top