JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My wife's BuG is a Taurus revolver in .38 and recently the weapon has been giving us some issues. It will cycle fine sometimes and other times it will hang up pretty solidly. Well since she wanted a slightly lighter trigger pull I got some springs ordered and disassembled the weapon. After a good cleaning and open-sided reassembly I discovered the locking issue by accident;

The hand pin is lodged in the back of the trigger. Some grit must have gotten in there and sunk it in to the point of immobility. The gun will fire perfectly...as long as you're aiming it at the ground. Getting a replacement is going to be a chore, I haven't been able to track either piece down.

So if you've got a similar issue showing up on your Taurus revolver this could be the culprit!

It's a tiny spring housed in the top of the trigger under the hand pin. (plunger) I'm very familiar with that part. (like every Taurus revolver part) Taurus part number 33 Hand Spring. It's a $3.20 part from Numrich #28 p/n 581280A but they are sold out. You may find Taurus will not sell it because it is part of the trigger assembly and they don't really sell those to anyone including me. If you still have the parts you should be able to clean them up and reinstall them. If not your best bet is to make one from some Brownells spring stock. At least that is what I would do.

img3230cq.jpg

The problem is that the pin is stuck in the trigger. I've tapped it with a hammer, soaked it in penetrating oil, took my torch to it(nice blue colour now!), scraped at it with dentist picks...I'm going to have to drill it out I think.

It sounds like one end of the spring is wedged between the pin bore and the pin. The harder you pull the tighter it's going to get. Like a chinese finger puzzle. At this point you don't have much for options. Taurus will not sell you the pin or the spring. Now that you have blued the trigger itself it is ruined too. I would throw yourself on the mercy of Taurus and let them fix it. It won't cost that much but you will be out of your gun for at least a month.

Took a look around the Numrich site and it seems that the S&W uses a slightly different trigger system. I looked through all the models listed and did not see a replacement pin and spring that would work in the Taurus. Have a line on an entire trigger assembly, including spring and pin though so I'll probably just pick that up.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads