JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I just picked up this clean K frame taurus 889, I know its an older model that was a south america PD trade in. Heres a description of what it looks like
Stainless, 4" vent rib barrel with red ramp front sight. Adjustable rear, target grips. lanyard loop at the bottom of the grip.CAI import markings. Sweet gun, looks like a colt anaconda in some ways, now heres my problem

Its missing parts in the cylinder, the cylinder will not close, it just flaps around. It needs all parts for the cylinder, rod, extractor & other small parts I dont know the names for....Anyone have any idea where I might find some parts for this, not a lot of info on the model 889. One thing I have been told by a few taurus guys is that the parts will interchange between the 88 & 889, maaaaybe the 82. Before you say just call taurus, this gun was made in brasil im told & taurus usa will not honor this with the lifetime warranty, im gonna try & call tommorow anyways & see if I send them the cylinder, maybe they will fill it up with parts needed lol

any advice or other info about the model 889 or where to gets parts is greatly appreciated
also, ive looked the schematic over all night, its finding the parts that is the issue

It doesnt look like they work on taurus revolvers, gunpartscorp.com has only 1 part for the 889, it was just the extractor rod.

Would that part be enough to hold the cylinder closed, or does the extractor rod thread into the extractor, holding the cylinder in place on the yoke assembly?

I have been looking at the schematic from numrich all night. im an auto guy lol, revolvers confuse me

halfway down this page ive linked below, there is a pic titled "cylinder & yoke assembly" what are the 2 items to the left of the cylinder in the pic, I know the larger item is the extractor, im wondering what the smaller black piece & spring are called
http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/smithing/22219-taurus-revolver-disassembly-pictorial-guide.html

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Products.aspx?catid=9157
I have items 2,3 5,6....I need 1,4, 7......can anyone help me find them?

im gonna try & call tommorow anyways & see if I send them the cylinder, maybe they will fill it up with parts needed lol

You will probably have to send Taurus the entire basket of parts you have. It is my bet for the cost of labor and materials Taurus will build you a new gun from the parts you have obtained and will include a lifetime warranty.
In the past, I have requested parts including stock hammers, hammers without spurs, springs, etc. Available but with a voided lifetime warranty if I did the install.
In my opinion Those old Taurus guns made in Brazil surpassed anything S&W was producing in the USA at the time. My service weapon a 4'' mod 66 .357 was sent back to S&W two or three times for fractional timing problems. The only changes I ever saw was the shipping bill dinging my check book balance.
I have since placed my life in the hands of Taurus firearms and fully believe in there Life time warranty. Something You will not find dealing with S&W. Unless of course they have changed there policy, as I have never looked back.

the only part that I can send are the cylinder, the rest of the gun is all put together, just missing the cylinder stuff & the white insert from the rear sight

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top