JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My brother in law had one for 2 months. It would FTF or FTE about every other magazine. He tried other mags with no success.

Took it back to the dealer, was totally reimbursed and bought a Ruger SR9c and has had no trouble whatsoever..

Bought one in March. Eventually would not shoot a magazine without at least one FTE. My dealer (Albany Guns) sent it back to Taurus and it came back about two months later (yesterday!). It works okay now, at least last night it did. It seems to not like +p ammo - Double Tap in particular - which is too bad as I like this ammo in all my other pistols and other calibers.

I purchased one to resell since the price was very favorable. Before I sell any firearm I alway take them out, clean them, shoot them to see that everything is okay and then clean again.

I decided that the Taurus 709 was such a great pistol, and small enough to make a wonderful CC, that I kept it. I have taken it out several times and have not had any problems with it. I really like having a safety on a pistol and this one is placed in just the right position for me.

The fit and finish on my pistol is very nice and it fits my hand better than almost any of the many pistols that I have. I usually carry it since it is small enough and light enough not to notice. If I need a smaller weapon I will carry my Kel Tec 32, larger and I carry my Sig 9mm.

I would recommend trying one and see if it fits your hand. Sights are about as good as any for its size and I can hit my targets just fine.

Quality control on the newer Taurus polymer guns seems to be hit-or-miss. There is no shortage of Internet horror stories from people who spend $300-$450 on a Taurus only to wind up shipping the gun back for warranty repair on their own dime and waiting a month or two to get it back. Based on customer service and turnaround time alone, I think the KelTecs are a better value for the money. They arent quite as pretty or well refined but they just seem to work better, and if you do have a problem their customer service is way better than anything Taurus has to offer. And the basic P-11 design has been around for over 15 yrs now, the bugs have already been worked out and they are pretty easy for the do-it-yourselfer to maintain.

What didn't you like about the trigger? The one I had was a long, weightless take up until a very crisp break. The best trigger I've ever shot.

I hate the loooooong trigger... it just doesn't work for me.. My glocks trigger and the trigger on my Sig P239 are amazing to me.. but when i got a 709 i sucked with it..

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top