JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I got the 709 a few weeks ago from Albany Guns & etc... for well under $400. Since then I've been trying to figure out why I can't seem to hit much with it. Taken it out to the ARPC range, mostly shooting the steel plates on the main range or on bay 5. It bugs me that I can hit 5 of 6 first time with my XDm and 0 of 6 with the 709.

The problem seems to be my grip and the trigger. The trigger pull is very long and I often end up 'flinching' I took an experienced shooter with me this afternoon (owner of the Shedd Market...) and he could hit a target set at 25 yards pretty consistently although low and to the right a bit. Concentrating on my grip, I tried it with similar results and got a bit better after adjusting the sights. Leon brought several of his own, including his Kimber, a Makarov and an M1 carbine - yeah, we had some fun!

Other stuff - have shot about 300 rounds through it with 2 FTEs, no other problems. It's a bit snappy and does hurt my old hands after firing a bunch of rounds.

The trigger is a real issue for me in that it's my SD pistol. I don't want to have to think about it. Practice more, lob more shells... The work never ends!

Alot of people talk smack about him and his shops... (Hes also got one in Lebanon) But Hes ALWAYS treated me fair and wen I had a problem with a gun he either gave me a new one of fixed the one i had for free..

Try one of thhe really small hogue grip wraps... Helped a ton with my grip and aim when shooting a PF9 I had a year or so ago....

After buying it, I stopped by the gun show at the Lebanon Elks. They (Albany Guns &...) had a booth. Started chatting with Barbara, commenting on the gun among other topics. She produced a slightly used Hogue grip wrap from her jacket and gave it to me! So far, it's kind of a wash. The ridge on the Hogue grip is in the wrong place for my hand but it does help some as far as comfort.

Other than that, the Lebanon show was a wash. I'm looking forward to the ARPC show next month and I will be volunteering there all day Saturday.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top