JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd definitely think so,I shoot and carry guns chambered in 357sig,and my Tracker Titanium in 45 hurts after about 75 rounds,with just plain old WWB ammo...It makes me appreciate how much recoil a recoil spring actually absorbs...In a revolver,though,a lot of felt recoil can be adjusted with good grips,so don't let recoil scare you away from a nice gun or good price.If it's absolutely too much for you it can be resold...

Ive been shooting a 357 mag with hot handloads sence i was 12, i can shoot my tracker 2 inch 44 mag one handed all day long. Dont fight the recoil like you would on a pistol you have to give alittle on the big boys but once you find the sweet spot you will never go back to semi autos again. Something about magnum power and a fixed barrel hahaha i am also a big fan of the t/c contender and encore:) And dont get anything under 4inch's for 357 mag, if you stay above three you'll still have pretty good power also you have to remeber you loose FPS when shooting the round outa a revolver vs a closed chamber gun thats why i handload so i can get it a little hotter. Also if i was you i would get a S&W 357mag 4in model 686 or 60 prelock or with the lock i have both and enjoy them both. Next hand gun will be a S&W proformance center like a 629 44 mag 8 or 10 inch. Oh also if your worried about the recoil you can always load reduced rounds for it and it will feel like a cap gun but still have deadly capabilities.

Most of the ammo I use in both my .357 and .44 is loaded down. For target shooting or bumming around in the woods it's much more enjoyable to shoot large quantities like 150-250 rounds, cheaper too. You can have magnum power anytime you want also. 150 rounds of full power .44 mag ammo out of my 4 5/8" Blackhawk is too much for this old guy. I'd guess 95%+ of the ammo I use are light loads in both guns.

I have a Taurus 627SS6, and the recoil is pretty much nothing with the porting and weight, but I don't know how bad it would be with the lightweight titanium frame.

I'm guessing that it would be a better alternative to the 2" airweight j frames, since you can get a bit better grip, and have a little bit more weight.