Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Taurus 605 with ATI Grips

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Pandaz3, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Pandaz3

Pandaz3 Cornelius, Oregon NRA Lifetime Member Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

Well I changed my original Taurus boot grips to a Hogue grip when I bought the 605 years ago. The Hogue was and is better in my opinion, as it was easier to handle, but my knuckle was still tight up to the trigger guard and I never liked that part. Well the Tooth Fairy, it seems early for Santa, brought me a ATI grip today, the Taurus small frame X2 Scorpion grip. I have put it on and my knuckle has room! not much but there is air between the guard and the knuckle. very nice feel to me. The grip is two piece, with the forward part being a hard polymer that has a stippling similar to a part of Springfield's Mod 2, different but aggressive enough for good control, the back piece is a softer pebbled rubber and meant to help tame that 357 recoil. I have not shot it with these grips yet so I don't know for sure, but the rubber along with a more hand filling size should be an improvement.
    I will include pictures of the 605 with both grips and one with the ATI grips in my hand,

2. Pandaz3

Pandaz3 Cornelius, Oregon NRA Lifetime Member Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

Taurus 605 1.jpg Taurus 605 2.jpg Taurus 605 1.jpg Taurus 605 3.jpg Well I guess they are there, the pictures, but you have to click on each one, let me try, try again,

3. Pandaz3

Posted one twice... oh well

4. Benchrest

Benchrest The Desert Planet Well-Known Member

Cool.

I have a 605, and never minded the grip, but I might have to check that out :)

Love the 605 with full .357 loads, kinda like catching a fastball barehanded :D

ZA_Survivalist likes this.
  5. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

^ Yep! It doesnt "hurt".. But you do know you're shooting it after a few rounds.

6. Pandaz3

That's why mine looks so new even though I have had it for nine or ten years.