Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Taurus 605 Range Report

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by RVTECH, Apr 19, 2012.

1. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

Stopped on my way home after work this afternoon to try out the Taurus 605. I am impressed! Bouncing a can at 20+ yards was easy, and I was using some 'lite' .357 reloads (125 grain LC SWC with 8 grains of Unique) It bucked a little but not nearly as bad as I thought it would. I was shooting in a downpour so I only ran 20 rounds through it but I wanted to finish off the box! It is going to be just right with some .38 Special loads. I am sold on Taurus wheelguns anyway. My daughter saw it when she came home, picked it up and said it was 'cute' and looked like a ladies gun. No, she is not getting it!

2. Rich7944

Rich7944 Kent, Wa. Active Member

Try 153 Grain loads, she'll kick like a mule. I was thinking about getting one of the 605's but I ended up with another S&W. I just can't seem to get away from the S&W line. Found a fairly new 642 Airweight the other night at a fair price but have yet to shoot it. The 605's trigger pull seemed a bit strong.