JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My wife wanted her new LCR to be Beaver Orange. I ordered some Duracoat and it was the wrong shade so I ordered some O'Sherbert Orange. My little titianium .45 colt was looking pretty rough so what the heck. If nothing else it will always be easy to find. Ken in Corvallis

Uhhhh, don't take this the wrong way but I don't think this is a good idea for a firearm. That color is often associated with less lethal weapons like bean bag guns, etc. If you have to use this weapon the criminal may assume that it is not a lethal weapon and continue the criminal assault. Said criminal might even think it is a toy or airsoft. For a range toy or BBQ gun you can do whatever you want and I'm cool with that but a defensive weapon should be no more aesthetic than its basic design and color with the exception of Playboy Penguins blinged out stainless steel guns... :)

Real guns are the ones with the hole in the barrel. A number of manufacturers have firearms of various colors. My wife has a pink Walther .22. If someone is a threat to me or my family I don't really care if they think my pistol is a toy or not. I have a hunch that someoine looking at this would pay attention.

Uhhhh, don't take this the wrong way but I don't think this is a good idea for a firearm. That color is often associated with less lethal weapons like bean bag guns, etc. If you have to use this weapon the criminal may assume that it is not a lethal weapon and continue the criminal assault. Said criminal might even think it is a toy or airsoft. For a range toy or BBQ gun you can do whatever you want and I'm cool with that but a defensive weapon should be no more aesthetic than its basic design and color with the exception of Playboy Penguins blinged out stainless steel guns... :)

I wouldn't be too concerned with the bad guy's assumptions when deciding on the aesthetics of firearms. No matter what he thinks or doesn't think, if he continues the criminal assault he's going to end up with a couple .45 long colts in his person out of this bad boy.

Now kids seeing this might be a different story as far as thinking it's a toy but a kid shouldn't ever have access to it in the first place so it should be a non-issue.

you probably think this is a bad idea, too, huh?

l.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't decided if it's ugly or not, different for sure. This pistol is actually a great 19 ounce carry piece.

Not sure I would stick with the Beaver colors... Probably shoot fine for the first 2 chambers and then ftf on the last 3 :D.

Great revolver though. Did you know that you can easily have it converted shoot .45 ACP with clips and .45 C without?

I have only shot it without a rest here at home. At 15 yds it will shoot around 2". It does take a lot of effort with such a short sight radius.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top