JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No, I meant that's how you go riding now. Just kidding.

Guys I know in some pretty bad accidents are still riding... blows me away. I went down twice in my life and ran away from the habit like Michael was after me.

I also know people that were flown on Lifeflight service and had to pay full freight cuz they had no insurance. Then didn't buy a $50 membership cuz it couldn't happen twice... it did.:(
In Oregon, I highly advise to never ever drive motorcyles on the main roadways. Drivers here just don't care.

My statement is only half truth, because I still ride, just on my property though and very mildly. I like mechanics and just the whir of a machine gets me going, so I can't let that go. But there's no trust left in me that another negligent a-hole isn't going to hit me on the road. even in my truck I have 1-3 near accidents everytime i go out it seems. Go-pros have since been mounted on all vehicles(I'm very aware of how valuable they are in legal processes now). I've learned that the best defense in driving here is a good offense. I drive big rusty trucks that seem uninsured. Put ram bumpers on my rigs, have yellow ham plates to give a Leo illusion and drive cautious(yet seemingly erradic) to encourage people to pay more attention.

3 years of opposition "discovery" have hampered my needs of venting so it's all happening now in this thread.

My best advice of all time, delete your Facebook and all social media accounts and recreate accounts with fictitious names and info and with no evidence as to who you truly are.

It's really lame to have the left side of your body blown up from a drunk driver, only to have lawyers devalue your personal worth based on postings you've made regarding the legitimacy of Hillary Clinton or the BLM movement.

Last Edited:
Hmm, seeing that the crack begins where the retainer pin is located, I must ask myself: was the pin locked in all the way? The 20+ rounds prior to the final BLOW may have been weakening the point where the crack finally became too much for the firearm to function further. Just a thought. I have an LCP with the same style pin, and there have been times when I was reassembling that I was having a bit of trouble getting it to lock in all the way. I always triple check these things when I am doing cleaning and reassembling.

Some guns have limited support at the base of the casing. Most famous is Glocks in 10mm and 40SW. They have since made adjustments to relish this in the later generations. However other manufacturers still have fairly unsupported barrels at the base of the cartridge casing. Causing what is also known as "Glock Smile". Reloading these cases can cause premature fractures and blowouts.

View attachment 317671
OK, confession here. I have a PT111 GEN 2, and it has a supported chamber, but I have produced brass with a nice bulge just like this photo by mis-reading the manual and over charging a case. :oops: Kept the case and put it on my bench to remind me to double check. Apparently a hot load will push the slide open before it should and let the case bulge when not supported, so it may be the supported/unsupported chamber wasn't contributing to the OP issue. I haven't had any problems reloading brass from this gun, but then I am not hot roddin' nuthin'. For social issues I believe in Federal or Hornady.

Last weekend at tri-county, my new TCP blew up in my hand. It had about 20 rds through total. Fired 2 or 3 rds out of a freshly loaded magazine and the next shot blew out the left side of the frame by my thumb. I knew I got smacked by something off my pistol, but with what and where was a question for a few minutes until I checked myself out. I only wound up with a stinging thumb for 2 days and no open skin(thank god).

I emailed Taurus on Monday and chatted with a representative but have yet to get a resonse, not really pleased with their customer service although I hear they've got a lot to deal with since being down for the storm. Just kinda feel like I should be babied through the process since their POS nearly took off an apendage.

Just thought I'd share, cheap polymer guns are still risky and Taurus isn't the greatest at customer service.

Customer Service...aint what it used to be! I recently had a similar experience, although I wasn't using reloads; rather FMJ Winchester and FMJ Remington 9 mm. I bought a 'brand new' (from Cabela's) Sig Sauer 938 semi-auto. It actually had parts fall out of it on the range on the first day of use! You would think they have a 'send him a new gun' policy for this sort of situation, they don't. I had to send it to them to fix; Cabela's didn't want to do anything about it. The pistol actually had 2 problems with it; it was jamming a few times (feeder problem) and then a part fell out (firing pin block or something)...I sent it to them with a note they didn't read very well; they sent me a spare magazine I didn't want because I had already bought one! I had asked for (make me happy) bullets in my note and suggested a new gun purchase replacement policy...they said 'higher ups' would have the possibility of replacement, but they didn't; I was talking to the head of Customer Service...the guy that didn't read me note fully and just sent me some swag, to include a hat I will never wear and stickers I will never use. When I told him I had asked for some bullets he said he was sorry he hadn't seen that in my note, what quality! Yikes, who is quality oriented these days?
I had to print the label, package the pistol, take it to the mailing site, email these folks several times, talk to them on the phone a few times, go to another site to pick up the pistol....and they think they are Customer Service. I now have a pistol that I am apprehensive about it being a 'lemon' and a very bad taste in my mouth for Sig Sauer. To me Sig Sucks

Customer Service...aint what it used to be! I recently had a similar experience, although I wasn't using reloads; rather FMJ Winchester and FMJ Remington 9 mm. I bought a 'brand new' (from Cabela's) Sig Sauer 938 semi-auto. It actually had parts fall out of it on the range on the first day of use! You would think they have a 'send him a new gun' policy for this sort of situation, they don't. I had to send it to them to fix; Cabela's didn't want to do anything about it. The pistol actually had 2 problems with it; it was jamming a few times (feeder problem) and then a part fell out (firing pin block or something)...I sent it to them with a note they didn't read very well; they sent me a spare magazine I didn't want because I had already bought one! I had asked for (make me happy) bullets in my note and suggested a new gun purchase replacement policy...they said 'higher ups' would have the possibility of replacement, but they didn't; I was talking to the head of Customer Service...the guy that didn't read me note fully and just sent me some swag, to include a hat I will never wear and stickers I will never use. When I told him I had asked for some bullets he said he was sorry he hadn't seen that in my note, what quality! Yikes, who is quality oriented these days?
I had to print the label, package the pistol, take it to the mailing site, email these folks several times, talk to them on the phone a few times, go to another site to pick up the pistol....and they think they are Customer Service. I now have a pistol that I am apprehensive about it being a 'lemon' and a very bad taste in my mouth for Sig Sauer. To me Sig Sucks
Damn. Sorry to hear that. I've got one of the older West German made Sigs and it has been a great gun for me, though admittedly, I have not put as many rounds through it as many of my other handguns.

Last Edited:

Wow.. That is dissappointing.. I do love my sigs.. My dad has converted our whole family and I have to say without a shadow of a doubt.. they run so much better than the tupperware guns.. Currently in our family we own, P220, 1911, and 4x P938's and I sold my p226 that I had. All of these pistols are top notch.. the only factory loaded ammo my 938 or my wifes 938 and my 1911 have seen are self defense rounds, otherwise its been all hand loads. I will swear by Sig for their pistols.

I appreciate you telling me. I got one that was defective and only run quality factory ammo; I am not making my own cartridges, probably won't. I'll give the pistol a good chance, but as a cc piece it doesn't get to fail again, or I'll get rid of it; I have to have great confidence in what I carry; glad you do and thanks again for sharing your experience.

In a revolver they should be safe enough, right? Right? Uh, no.

View attachment 318217

The last time I saw a modern revolver like that was when it had just killed a bystander.

Well, when I say modern, I mean a 1917 Colt Trooper in .38 Special that had had its cases loaded with a compressed charge of Unique.

It let go on the second shot.

The shooter lived, but his cousin, standing right there beside him, died as we got him off the pickup load-bed just outside ER. It's awful hard to put a tourniquet on the neck.

tac

Any source for this?

6 years ago I was shooting next to a guy I had just met, his brand new XDM-40 blew up while using Winchester white box-- actually what happened was the extractor/chamber indicator blew out, it wound up in his forehead. As a former gun dealer I have heard many stories from people about this problem with Winchester's cheap ammo, I have also heard claims that Remington's cheap ammo has caused this same trouble for folks. If you'd like to see something scary, type
'winchester ammo blew up my gun' in your search engine :confused::eek:

A bud of mine explained why this happens, he told me that the cheaper powders used in cheap ammo are very concentrated and will allow a double charge to fit into an ordinary shell casing, when the primer goes off--Boom!!

I agree, call the ammo manufacturer. Provide photos of your gun, the ammo you bought from them.
There should be a lot# on reman box that will aide in avoiding sales of batch " ya hope " SAVE ALL MATERIAL AS EVIDENCE..WITNESSES...THEY WILL PAY FOR REPAIR/REPLACE.

IF NOT LET US KNOW..SPREAD THE WORD

The shooter lived, but his cousin, standing right there beside him, died as we got him off the pickup load-bed just outside ER. It's awful hard to put a tourniquet on the neck.

I hope I'm never in a situation like this in any way. Everyone loses.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top