Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Taurus 24/7 Pro DS 9mm

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by .45's and .38's, Nov 18, 2009.

1. .45's and .38's

.45's and .38's Happy Valley OR Well-Known Member

I am considering trading my S&W 908S for this pistol. Its had about 600 thru it. Great condition. Is this a good gun, reliable. All I hear is they need to shoot 200 rounds through them to get tight groups? Is this an all around good pistol?

2. paulncharly2572

paulncharly2572 Salem, OR Member

I would keep the S&W. I have 24/7 Pro in .45 that I had to send in for warranty work;that was in June and I'm still waiting for it to be returned to me.After about 2500rds,it started developing frame-wear on the slide rail and eventually a piece of the polymer chipped off.This is the second Taurus I've had a problem with and it will be my last.

3. Varmint Slayer1

Varmint Slayer1 Willamette Valley Member

I've heard that of the .45's. I have a 24/7 Pro .40 cal and have never had any issues with it, I really like the gun alot for all around use and a carry.

4. crosse

crosse Bellevue Active Member

i've heard many a good thing about the S&W single stacks. I have...not heard so many a good thing about the taurus. :)

5. .45's and .38's

.45's and .38's Happy Valley OR Well-Known Member

Ya I passed that up. Not what I want. I do like the built on rubber grip though.