Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Taurus 24/7 in 45acp

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by RW-Ore, Jan 6, 2009.

1. RW-Ore

RW-Ore Oregon Well-Known Member

Anyone got one ? anyone shot one ? what if any comments

Yes I bought one and I like it but don't let that stop you from saying what you feel.

2. jib

jib Central OR Active Member

Why did you choose it over a XD 45 or G21 or 1911 and ect... ? I'm just curious if have a 1911 type .45acp and I have been thinking about a high cap 45. thanks

3. Unka-Boo

Unka-Boo Milwaukie Active Member

It has one of the most comfortable grips I have held....that being said, I own a Glock...:p

4. RW-Ore

JIb I read about it and it's da/sa plus the multiple safety features peaked my little brain.Also watched a clip of a guy pooring it full of sand,running over it with his Jeep then picks it up,shakes it off and emptys the mag.Don't care for the desert tan grips but it shoots great I'm told I have "big" hands and it fits my hand perfectly.

5. RW-Ore

I held a glock.Didn't like the feel,I put it down

6. jib

jib Central OR Active Member

I've had a Glock 17 and 19, got rid of both.

7. Unka-Boo

Unka-Boo Milwaukie Active Member

I was seriously looking into one about 2 years ago, but at the time they had pretty mixed reviews. I was waiting to see the OSS ( I'm a lefty, made more sense with the ambi safety ) but that took FOREVER to get released.....so in the meantime I'm on my 2nd G21.

But yeah, Glocks aren't for everyone, heck, I took a file to the finger grooves on mines....much better for me now.

I am still impressed with the "kung foo grip" on the Taurus though...just felt right.

8. RW-Ore

That's what I got Unka Boo a OSS tactcal.Sure like it.

9. AmerLat4

AmerLat4 Washington Co, OR Member

I originaly purchased the 9mm and have been satisfied. The ribber grip is fantastic as well as the price point, but the XD45 is next in line:thumbup:

10. The Dude

The Dude The 206, WA Member

My old man has a 24/7 pro .45. He's been a steady 1911 guy (as in, owned several and nothing but) and after doing some research, askin' around and finally handling one at a gun show, he decided to buy one. He's told me he luv's it and it was actually gonna be my next purchase until I decided on a Steyr M40.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  11. BryanO

BryanO W.WA Member

Shot a friend's a few times, and liked it more than my XD... made me sad, as we got them around the same time. My XD served me well though. Never had any malfunctions that I know of, and shot well. Less perceived recoil than my XD IMO.

12. fromotoc

fromotoc Downtown Portland, OR Member

I love their 24/7 lines. I had a 9mm and a .45 version, wish I kept them both. The grip was just perfect, and it is a very small gun for holding 17 rounds, or 12 rounds. Never had a problem with mine. Spare mags are kind of expensive, but that is the only downside I can think of.