JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Taurus,Llama,Bersa,Hi point, all cheap junk. you get what you pay for

Yep, and I have had issues with "extremely" high end double rifles, shotguns, handguns etc. but the fact is, as you said, "you get what you pay for", I have some that would make anyone proud to own. And I know a value when I see it, and to say that all models of Taurus, Llama, Bersa and Hi point are cheap junk is kind of pushing it. I've not really been a fan of Llama, but There are models of Taurus and Bersa that represent real values when compared to their counterparts. As you said, you get what you pay for.

Back to the original question...it depends on what you're going to do with it.

For an occasional trip to the range, you'd be ok...but for serious use or heavy competition/consistent shooting use...there are much better choices.

Having been around a few writers of gun rags, I really don't put much stock into their reviews...haven't heard much if any giving anything a bad review.

They don't wanna get on the bad side of sponsors.

A forged steel frame and slide along with a stainless match barrel don't mean anything to me. We need to qualify this with the content/quality of the steel, and the same for the barrel.

There's a reason why such 1911's look like the models costing thousands more, but are much less...many corners are cut to keep the cost down, which means the quality is not there either.

My idea of what quality is, differs from most people. I'm not a moderator who will blow smoke up the skirt of any of the gun makers, which I have contacts with many. If they make junk, I'll tell ya.

Actually I should promote the things, as I've made much money from folks having trouble with such junk, bringing them to me for reliability issues.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top