JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have not owned a taurus 1911 but have owned a firearm manufactured by taurus and can say that it was a bad buy due to light firing pin strikes causing multiple fail to fires I would'nt complain to much if they made replacement springs and I could fix it but they don't but at least if a part breaks/ becomes worn on a 1911 you could replace it

i have owened three wheel guns and a model 99 all were fine guns matter a fact im looking for a snubbie in 357/38 now dont let people tell you taurus is bad iwould put them right up there just under ruger barely;)

I own a blued PT1911 in .38 Super, it is a great gun. I have had no problems with it and it is one great gun for the price. Best of all it is covered by a Taurus bumper to bumper lifetime warranty. It is my 1st Taurus & it seems very well put together. I replaced the ugly plastic grip & have been using it as a host for my Marvel Model 1 conversion kit.

I had a PT1911ALR. That was the alloy frame, railed model, which I believe they discontinued.

I did the series 80 delete, and installed a Wilson Combat hammer. The only mechanical issue I had with it, was light strikes, due to incorrect re-assembly after the series 80 delete and WC hammer install. After re-assembling correctly, no issues whatsoever.

My only complaint was the bluing on the slide seemed thinner than other brands, so I had it Cerakoted. I ended up selling it to get a Stainless Springfield, but would not hesitate to buy another PT1911.

Here is a pic of the one I used to own:

1911after1.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Capitalism is BO$$!!!

This topic seems to come up a lot. My recollection is that there are some guys on here who don't like the look and construction of the internals and therefore wouldn't trust their lives with them. But I've owned three PT1911's, still own two, and really like them a lot. I've never had one fail to go bang or feed the next round in thousands of rounds, and they send the projectile wherever I aim the muzzle. Plus they are 1911s, which for some reason just feel great in the hand.

Taurus makes great guns for the money. I own a couple and have never had a problem. Look CDNN Sports has the 38 super for $399

Have to way disagree. I would buy a Rock Island 105 times out of 100. When I was looking for another railed 1911 taurus was cheap and available, and I waited. they use cheap parts, cheap finish, cheap quality, cheap everything. If you want a budget 1911 without buying a cheap POS look elsewhere

My Dad had one a few years ago with the crimson trace on it and it was a great gun. For the price I really dont think you can beat them. Even the rock island tactical I looked at only had 3-4 "custom features" than the plain Jane one. The bottom line Taurus has 19 standard features that used to be considered "after market" or "custom"... If you look into how to tune your 1911, the Taurus already has it done when they put it in the box to ship it. Ive had 3 Taurus handguns and been around a couple more and Ive seen problems with one revolver I had. Im actually ordering 2 of the 1911b's from them tomorrow. Lifetime guarantee and Its a 1911... You can replace anything that goes wrong with something better...

Have to way disagree. I would buy a Rock Island 105 times out of 100. When I was looking for another railed 1911 taurus was cheap and available, and I waited. they use cheap parts, cheap finish, cheap quality, cheap everything. If you want a budget 1911 without buying a cheap POS look elsewhere

I'll counter that with my experience...

My RIA had a fubared extractor right out of the box and had to be replaced....the PT1911 I picked up used ran for a few thousand rounds before I traded it off....I think ANYTHING out there right now is hit and miss on QC, pick the best warranty within your price point.

I have owned several taurus brand guns.
here is my list:
taurus pt1911 .45
taurus pt92 stainless .9 mm ( owned 2 of these )
taurus pt940 .40
taurus pt140 .380
taurus raging bull .44
taurus .38 special ( after 20 years the trigger spring started to get weak, got replaced )
taurus 24/7 9mm

these have all been great guns. i have never had problems with any of them. i love my 1911 and wouldnt get rid of it. my father has a colt 80 series 1911 and we go shooting together. he has shot my taurus 1911 on several occasions and loves it. he said he would buy one and that is coming from a hardcore Colt guy.

you cant listen to people that have owned one taurus and said it sucked, that doesnt give an accurate description of the product. i have seen sig sauer make a terrible gun or two. actually their p238, has a major fail to feed problem, but does that one bad model mean that sigs sucks? no.

i have owned a large variety of taurus guns and i will be buying more because they are quality guns that have never let me down.

Yeah, so anyway, back to Taurus...

Are the Taurus PT92's still made on the former Beretta 92 factory tooling machinery? I had a PT92 back in the early 90s. Man, I loved that gun. Reliable, accurate, inexpensive, and easy to field strip. Then the divorce monkey bit my butt, and bye bye. Now I've got a very nice Beretta 92FS Pro Shop and recently got rid of two other 92FS's, but I can't say they are "better" than my old Taurus PT92.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top