JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't need to dick up my skin with a tattoo to hold things with meaning close to my heart, and I deeply regret the one tattoo I do have. If I could afford it, I would immediately have it removed
I am so amazed that people can afford the tat, yet cry poor when it comes time to remove them.

lol, that's like saying " I rack my shotgun and everyone runs".....scary......someone going to call you out on that. There are people cursing around looking for that fight lol

I'm not directing this at Joe but now a days with all this beard and tat look you get the biggest pu$$ies with big beards and tats thinking they are some bad bubblegum till they get called out.......used to be my game as a young man ......now I just laugh and hope I get to see the call out

I grew up in a 1% MC so tats and beards are not high on the intimidation list
Yeah i agree especially the millennials that cant even give you a firm handshake' used to be only MC clubs and ex-cons wear tatts now just about everyone has them, especially women in the PNW seems like every 1 out of 3 women have them, i personally dont find tattoos on women attractive.

that being said, if she has an incredible rack i would have to make an exception. :)

Tattoo removing....

So there I was...
It was a Tuesday morning at PT formation...we had a three day weekend and boy did some of my troops look , shall we say....rough.
PFC. Snuffy* even had a ACE bandage wrapped around his right hand.

I ask PFC. Snuffy if he needed to go on sick call...
"No Sergeant , but I do gotta talk to you after PT" ...Was his reply.

So warm ups...calisthenics and our daily 2 mile run followed...PFC. Snuffy did just fine through all of this....
We get back to the barracks and I go to PFC.Snuffy's room....

"Well Sergeant , it was funny at the time...."
Note this is never a good thing to hear , when you are the Squad leader....
"I got a tattoo..."
Yep he sure did....in big , bold "Old English" script the phrase "Pluck Yew"...or something very close to that , which cannot be typed here...was tattooed on his right hand....just below his little finger....:eek:

Now imagine if you....a salute...you bring up your right hand , fingers together and sharply snap your hand to your temple...the edge facing outwards....the edge below the little finger is exposed for all the world and especially the Officer to see....
In this case the Officer could see our hero's wonderful comment of the day.....:rolleyes:

So...what to do..?
Get it removed I thought....well after looking into that and factoring in the time and cost...Yeah not gonna happen....
So...we ended up getting it covered by a rose and barbed wire....
He still got in trouble ...of sorts...as at that time ....tattoos were "okay"..but they needed to not be seen on the arms , hands , etc....
But I did go to bat for him ....as he did own up to his mistake and was a good trooper otherwise....
Andy
*Name changed to protect the guilty....:D

Tattoo removing....

So there I was...
It was a Tuesday morning at PT formation...we had a three day weekend and boy did some of my troops look , shall we say....rough.
PFC. Snuffy* even had a ACE bandage wrapped around his right hand.

I ask PFC. Snuffy if he needed to go on sick call...
"No Sergeant , but I do gotta talk to you after PT" ...Was his reply.

So warm ups...calisthenics and our daily 2 mile run followed...PFC. Snuffy did just fine through all of this....
We get back to the barracks and I go to PFC.Snuffy's room....

"Well Sergeant , it was funny at the time...."
Note this is never a good thing to hear , when you are the Squad leader....
"I got a tattoo..."
Yep he sure did....in big , bold "Old English" script the phrase "Pluck Yew"...or something very close to that , which cannot be type here...was tattooed on his right hand....just below his little finger....:eek:

Now imagine if you....a salute...you bring up your right hand , fingers together and sharply snap your hand to your temple...the edge facing outwards....the edge below the little finger is exposed for all the world and especially the Officer to see....
In this case the Officer could see our hero's wonderful comment of the day.....:rolleyes:

So...what to do..?
Get it removed I thought....well after looking into that and factoring in the time and cost...Yeah not gonna happen....
So...we ended up getting it covered by a rose and barbed wire....
He still got in trouble ...of sorts...as at that time ....tattoos were "okay"..but they needed to not be seen on the arms , hands , etc....
But I did go to bat for him ....as he did own up to his mistake and was a good trooper otherwise....
Andy
*Name changed to protect the guilty....:D
Yea it would have been a much more painful consequence in the Marine Corps.

Yea it would have been a much more painful consequence in the Marine Corps.
I didn't say just what the "trouble" he got was...
It was sufficient enough to behove him and others to not repeat this course of action.

And as I said....he was a good trooper otherwise...no need to all crack the whip on him for one mistake....Just a leadership style I have , had....Whatever ...it worked for that issue "at hand"....:D
Andy

I am so amazed that people can afford the tat, yet cry poor when it comes time to remove them.

That's why I waited a long time to get sleeved.

Had lots of time to think about what exactly I wanted (at 16 I knew basically wanted). Waited till my mid 30's to do it after finding a great artist and put many many many hours of research into what I wanted exactly.

Now my buddy/artist knows me well enough that I give him a lot of creative license and they keep turning out great and I love them.

I get it's not for everyone though.

Hey, Mr. Potato Head! MR. POTATO HEAD! My tat cost me $80.00 when I got it 30 years ago. Today, tattoo removal costs between $200 and $500 PER SESSION, and virtually always requires MULTIPLE SESSIONS.

You do the math genius.

Cheaper to get it cover up or just black it out - that seems to be in fashion now:rolleyes:

If you don't want/like tats don't get one.

If you do, I look forward to more pictures shared here!

Since I was a youngster I've always been fascinated by tattoos. In high school I was constantly drawing on my arms during class. Started my left sleeve on my 18th birthday(almost finished) plus a couple on my right arm. Honestly I thought I'd be pretty well covered by now but started having kids in my mid twenties so between those little bank drainers and my gun addiction I haven't had ink therapy in a few years. As for work, my boss doesn't care and neither do I, if a client doesn't like them they can have a different sales person. I have a decent inheritance coming soon so I'm hoping to get some work in this year! Thanks nana & grandpa!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top