JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have full 360* armband of thorns around my upper right bicep. My right arm is my primary weapon/fighting arm, the right arm/hand is also symbolic for strength, commitment, and honor.

The band of thorns symbolizes a hedge of protection that defends my heart & soul against the corruption and evil in this world while using my right arm to fight what needs fightin', burn what needs burnin', & kill what needs killin'.

View attachment 278300

...and no, that's NOT A TUMOR! :D

Here is the one I didn't get.

It's my left arm. And it represents a need for lotion on your elbow skin when your younger. Or you'll end up with old man skin at 48! :D

DSCN4657 (2).JPG

I do admit it is a little childish to show my arm by resting it on the wind sill but it's better then my previous occasional tapping of the brakes - which has escalated issues in the past, the arm has always deescalayed things quickly without any aggression.
I don't think its childish, I am just surprised it works

The most awesome thing on the internet is "tattoo fail" image search results.
Goddamn, there's some dumb people.

Agreed! Some are funny as hell but not on MY body!

I laugh every time I see the 2 monkeys on the guys belly with his belly button being the, um rear, and the other monkey pointing at it.

I'll preface this with, I really don't care if you hate tattoos or love em.

I was curious what some of the gun community thinks about tatts in general and would be interested in your thoughts and if you want to share your reasons. Jobs, at the range, social issues or whatever.

(Personally my daughter thinks they are all ugly and is horrified that I have them - at least that's what I get from her attitude :p). My wife is all for it as long as I can go "out" in public and not offend everyone that sees me (so no curse words, sexual themes etc - thankfully I have no plans or desires for such things).

I have noticed a large increase in Tatts on more professional people (and professional sport players) in visible areas and tons of "kids" (under 30) getting hand tatts or on the forearms (not to mention necks and behind the ears). Maybe this is a liberal PNW thing or maybe just Portland and Seattle areas.

(The ones that start at the hand and then add to it going up just screams "I'm doing this to be cool" and is very uncool IMO. If you have so many tatts that your lower arm and hands are the only available canvas then that's totally different.)

I do have 2 tattoos so far:

One is a wedding ring patterned after a puzzle ring I gave my wife for our 10th anniversary.

Second "one" actually covers part of my left hand, my entire left arm, goes over my shoulder and covers my left pectoral muscle. It is a theme and everything in it means something to me. (I'll get my wife to take a decent pic tonight, I don't do selfies). I have one last session to finish my inner upper arm off as soon as my buddy has an available opening (I work with his schedule and "model" his work and in return He works with my very limited funds. I've spent less on a $12k+ tattoo then most do for a single sitting - I only add this so I don't look like a d-bag saying I'm broke all the time but have money for ink:D).

It is actually part 1 of a 3 part plan and I am hoping to have it finished before the 2.5 year mark (this March).

I'll have a similar tattoo done by him on my right side to balance it out and then part 3 will be on my upper back and lower back of my neck and will tie the two together.

Should be completely inked from my sternum up to my t shirt collar line in another 4 years at this rate. Then on too my legs but 4-5 years is a long time to prep for that:p (even though I already have a few ideas I want done).

So there you go, an off topic topic to Spark some conversation:cool:.
I am thinking about getting one like this.
37669100.jpg

I've got many tats, but they all MOSTLY cover with a regular shirt I have a "professional" job in management so I held back on a sleeve.

Almost all of my interactions with people have been them being very impressed with my arm and then (some of them) get to see what it turns into and being blown away - normally followed by them asking if I have a card for the guy that did it (his cards are part of my EDC just for that hahaha).

I have found rolling my window down and resting my arm on the window sill while driving tends to get tailgaters off my rear bumper real quick - which is nice (and funny to do).

I do belong to a private range and have had 2 totally different reactions from the RSO's. When I show up with a hunting camo shirt on (long sleeve) I get treated like any good'ol boy even though I'm at least 10 years younger then most of the youngest members, and have a great time talking with people about thier guns or reloading habbits.

The other reaction was during a summer run and I had just had ink work done a couple days prior so I was greased up and had a tank top (maybe even a wife beater) on. I'll tell you what, I was watched like a hawk and got the impression the RSO's were waiting for me to turn around and go postal or something crazy. Needless to say, hunting camo is stored with my range bag now - I'm not interested in reliving that day.

I knew there would be some negative reactions when I signed up for the process so I'm not complaining, just sharing what I've been thru so far.

People have never confronted me FTF so that's not something that has changed, I'm not your most inviting person out in public anyway.

:s0122:

Oh yeah, sacrifice the brother (from another mother?) to the NSA!!!!! lol:eek::eek::eek:o_O

This what I am thinking of getting on my bicep since I actually caught one in Hawaii but have not pulled the trigger yet.
Not mine, just a pic from the interweb....
6385300963_4f446da446_z.jpg

You should totally do that! :D

Nah, the key word being "thinking".

I wouldn't do it unless you love it and are for sure.

I sent my artist over 30 emails with pictures and a paragraph about things I did like and things I did not like.

My wife and I sat for 3 solid hours on 2 computers looking ONLY at dragon eyes in pictures to find exactly what I wanted.

I put more time into researching what I wanted then I have in chair time at the studio.

Pics to follow soon...

Oh yeah, sacrifice the brother (from another mother?) to the NSA!!!!! lol:eek::eek::eek:o_O

This what I am thinking of getting on my bicep since I actually caught one in Hawaii but have not pulled the trigger yet.
Not mine, just a pic from the interweb....
View attachment 278330

Take what you like about it and make it your own would be my best advice to anyone "thinking about it" or on the fence.

I am a dork. Born in the 80's grew up in the 90's and I loved my fads. So I wanted to have a tribute to all of the hobbies and fads I have had and been part of throughout my life. Think pokemon, pogs, cars and trucks, ninja turtles, star wars, and of coarse firearms. So after years of waiting till I could find the right artist that had the right touch, I went all in on a leg piece that till this day is not finished. I am looking to finish it soon. The idea is to have a sleeve that covers my whole lower left leg eventually.

I wanted lots of color, and I love the new school look. So that is primarily what the tattoo resembles.

Pants cover it most of the time, and that is the easiest solution if it causes any riffs. Which it hasn't in any of my working positions.

I love the reactions. Most being positive as the artwork is pretty damn good. However once and a while I will get a glance from the anti crowd for the black rifle.

Here are a few pics from when the pieces where individually getting completed. I will see if my wife can do a panoramic of the leg as it sits today.

View attachment 278292 View attachment 278293 View attachment 278294 View attachment 278295

Getting a pano of the leg was a lot harder than I thought, so here are a few more pictures. View attachment 278296 View attachment 278297
Your AR is bent.

I've a bro-in-law heavy into tats. Head Banger. Last I heard he'd invested (wasted IMO) over 10k.
I got my first and only (that I designed) after my wedding vows. Till Death Do Us Part. It's been over 30 years.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top