JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok I was talking to a guy who is a Fire marshal and he told me, that the Tannerite exploding targets are illegal, because you are making a bomb.

I purchase these at local gun store believing they are completely legal, is this guy just ignorant ??????

To give you a less snarky answer;

It's not illegal unless expressly forbidden by the land owner or regulated by state or federal law. There have been grumblings about it being illegal in forest lands but I don't know the ORS on that.

I heard that the stuff was made illegal on federal land in Oregon, check the BLM and FS websites for info there. They cited fire danger, and that several fires had been started by careless use of this stuff. As for a bomb, it doesn't go off like that unless it is contained. Like black powder. Don't put it under something that will become a projectile and shoot it, common sense stuff. Apparently a few people did not have enough of the common type not to start a brush fire with it.

My dumbass nephew apparently shot enough tannerites that the explosion was seen and heard by some type of either forest service or BLM LEO. He had to sell the gun to pay the fine. This happened in Wyoming or Utah.

I like to keep a low profile out in the woods as much as possible. Don't want to add to the noise I already make. It is fun to shoot it though.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top