JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OXFfmjG.png

All of that is really nice and all, but it's a little low-rent. What is there in the way of plastic targets? Or something that's at least a step-up from my janky printer?

A while back my brother and I went together and bought a Caldwell Shootin Gallery.:D
The Shootin Gallery is for .22lr and is motorized with knock-down steel targets on a chain, that reset as they go around.
I've since added a wireless remote to the motor and a friend of mine has made me aluminum targets. Now the targets are
light enough for airgun use in the garage during the winter.:)

Come summer, I can put the steel targets back on for outside use. :cool:

i have a Brother grayscale laser printer so I don't need ink cartridges. The printer takes one full stack of copier paper and with high capacity toner I can print 1000 of pages.

My standard 7-yard outdoor range target display is 6" paper plates, 3X5 cards, 3" square Post-its, and 1.5"X2" neon Post-its stapled onto the backboard unless I want to work on a specific drill or have a handy greeting card that needs a few holes. I use downloaded targets printed at home for the indoor range.

Printing targets makes no economic sense. I have used three methods, all employing cheap graph paper:

1) masking tape. I look for the darkest tape available, usually that dark blue stuff from 3M. Also, get the widest you can find. Usually I cut small squares, but you can build up larger targets by using multiple pieces. I have a scissors in my range bag for cutting squares.

2) duct tape. Same as above, but you can find it in black. Bullet holes don't look as nice though, due to the rubbery nature of the tape.

3) "butcher" paper. You can go into a craft store and buy a really big piece of really black paper. This is nice for making longer-range (larger) targets, and it is very cheap. You will need scissors of course, and some glue to stick the piece you have cut, to the graph paper. Or just get a straight edge out and cut a whole bundle of different sized squares all at once.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top