JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Crazy Brownshirt laws, dreamed up by and passed by Marxists. This is what college/university education gets ya. People should be attending technical colleges and universities, earning science degrees and not arts degrees. Something that puts a roof over their heads and food on the table... I seen all those UofO Arts degree graduates, living in tents under the bridges in Eugene...

The amount of folks that wet their pants in excitement over messing with others lives has been elevated to a pandemic. It profited from by both the media and politicians, nearly sanctified by the courts, and totally eradicated the terms "fair" "common sense" and "justice".

This poor kid, you sure can bet that he'd be in a better place in life if these scum didn't screw with his life.

Something annoyingly similar happened to me in high school, Kalifornia, in the late 90s. I know it lead to my further distrust in authority figures, feeling that the whole system is corrupt. Realizing that the safest way to live is by keeping your mouth shut and not getting on the feds radar.

This is disgusting.
An Orwellian nightmare in the real world. Reading some kid's creative writing and preconvicting him of thought crime. I'm glad he lived through it, and it hurts me to know that others like him might not.
While I'm not normally a fan of suing for emotional damages, in this case I wish some lawyers would gut the California school system, any school administrators involved, and definitely the Stasi Gestapo agents who "saved the day" by door kicking some poor little gamer kid. We're almost 180° from the concept of 10 guilty going free rather than 1 innocent being wrongfully convicted.

Riverside has for a long time, enough real problems without looking up some future crimes. There are enough gangs, homeless and drugs to keep every cop in the city busy. Red Flag laws are popular because there is no penalty. Reading through anonymous posts and a few lefties I know, they love inflicting any pain they can to anyone disagreeing with them.

Ya don't trust military or police!!! They will do this kind of bubblegum. It's not democrats or republicans enforcing these laws it police and military

So he was expelled because he was a loner that other kids picked on?
He was literally bullied by the police and school administration because he was being bullied by other kids and his father. Yeah, that seems like the RIGHT response.
"We have a kid we are concerned about being a potential school shooter, so we are going to abuse and ostracize him, because that will totally help!"
How far up your own bubblegum do you have to be to think that is the right response?

Need to figure out who targeted this kid, and start a full on 100 % cancel culture movement against them.
It doesn't matter what child bully initially lied about the kid, it's the principal who signed off on this that should be Canceled.

Last Edited:
It's interesting to compare this story to the Stoneman Douglas story.

California reacted to Pagunsan, Pagunsan ended up in a better school with better grades and he kept in touch with his online friends but the CA treatment gave him PTSD.

Florida reacted to Nikolas by doing nothing for years and then Nikolas murdered 14 kids and 3 staff at a high school.

So the school district and state come under fire when they take action, and also when they don't take action?

I wonder what the better solution to an obvious problem is? The Florida way or the Cali way?

If neither are acceptable, we need a 3rd better approach. Right?

California reacted to Pagunsan, Pagunsan ended up in a better school with better grades and he kept in touch with his online friends but the CA treatment gave him PTSD.

Florida reacted to Nikolas by doing nothing for years and then Nikolas murdered 14 kids and 3 staff at a high school.

So the school district and state come under fire when they take action, and also when they don't take action?

I wonder what the better solution to an obvious problem is? The Florida way or the Cali way?

Don't over react, but don't ignore it either. Over react includes looking for something that isn't there and making it up when you don't find it - which is what happened in this case.

The CA leaders are under fire because the only reason what they did worked was because the person they did it to was NOT a threat. They failed into a partial win. You don't get lauded for that, and when your choice causes as much harm or more, as it did good, you should get called out for it.

What they CHOSE to do was take someone they believed to NEED positive support and reinforcement and instead of providing it they chose to do the opposite, to humiliate and reject him, and to force him to have only one realistic option to finish school. By CHANCE, not DESIGN, that option was good for him, and since he wasn't actually a violent problem kid all was fine. But if he had actually been a kid that was a real threat things would likely have turned out very differently. Probably with him dropping out and leading a problemed life, possibly involving drugs and crime.

My personal opinion is that govt is almost never justified in intervening in citizens lives, and no informed free citizen should want a govt empowered to do so without just cause and due process.

But, the Stoneman Douglas example paints a perfect portrait of a very real problem in our society that unquestionably requires an intelligent solution.

I don't have the answer to exactly what that solution is.

My parting comment on the Pagunsan article is that it provides half the picture.
Every story has two sides. It would be interesting and perhaps wise to hear the other side before condemning the action.

arentol makes good points. Especially the "by chance" bit. I don't disagree.

But I would point out that if FL had taken appropriate and effective measures with Nikolas, thus preventing Stoneman, it is possible that Nikolas today would be complaining about his prior treatment, and it is possible that some people today would be claiming that he was mistreated, that he was never a real threat.

Maybe Nikolas isn't the best example to use in making that argument. Maybe some other less obvious psychopath who killed innocent people would be a better example to make the point with, but that doesn't change the point itself.

A crux of the overall issue is that intervention alters a scenario, and once you make the intervention, you can never know what would have happened if the intervention had not occurred.

If America suddenly became consistently good at identifying future mass murderers and intervening effectively such that the crimes were consistently prevented, it seems very likely that a proportion of those people subjected to that process would always come back later with supporters to paint the picture that Pagunsan is painting in the linked article.

Maybe that is where we are heading?
We get better at intervening and preventing, and we learn to live with a stream of claims from some of the intevenees that they were mistreated or that authorities overstepped their bounds.

Again, I'm not condoning increased powers and actions by govt. Read the 1st sentence in post #19.

But, the Stoneman example of no intervention is perfectly unacceptable.

So the solution clearly lies somewhere between doing nothing and doing too much.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top