JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For years I tried to come up with ideas just like all the others that I have seen here. A couple of years back I had an epiphany. So now when I head to the hills to set up my temp. range for practice I bring along a few of these.
d0c0f208-8889-4d05-b6c4-faefe0924264_300.jpg

Just unfold, add ballast (a small chunk of wood works great), staple on paper targets and get to shooting. They fold up flat for easy transport. Are stack-able and available in many sizes. They are completely recyclable or can be burned up at the campfire.

No more lugging around heavy bases (unless I'm shooting at my steels).

Just an idea. :s0155:

I've done that. Height was the problem. Stacking boxes is okay when day is not windy, but doesn't work otherwise.

Ive used the card board boxes a lot, they are really useful for sightin in too..

But I got a design that workes wonders.. I just got a 1/2 steel rod and bent it to a hook .. and pushed it in to about 8inches of hard mud.. Works great for hangin steel.

Here's my target stand. It is not as compact as some of the others, but it's a hybrid of some of the ideas here. The base is a mixture of cemeted and seperate PVC pieces so two bases will break down and fit in one of those fold-up chair bags. The wooden frames go in the back of my truck. The base of the wooden frame is also slightly clearanced so it's a very snug fit in the PVC pipe.

I like that clip idea for holding the backer, think I'll use that next time! The spacing between the wooden frame is just about for a torso paper target.

SSPX0010.jpg SSPX0012.jpg SSPX0009.jpg

SSPX0010.jpg

SSPX0012.jpg

SSPX0009.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show