JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I guess no one knows, @AngelaT81 . Sorry bout that. Did you already go there last weekend and did you find a spot to shoot?

If you're still looking for other places, I can steer you in a direction of two.

Welcome to the forum!

Bill

Welcome to the forum...I'm sorry I don't know either but there is plenty of local knowledge in the resources tab about other open areas to shoot, and members will add in too.

I guess no one knows, @AngelaT81 . Sorry bout that. Did you already go there last weekend and did you find a spot to shoot?

If you're still looking for other places, I can steer you in a direction of two.

Welcome to the forum!

Bill
We ended up just going to 36pit on the last day of our camping trip. It's out past memaloose. Not a great spot but it worked. I would love to learn new places to go that are easy access. I drive a Volvo cross country so anything that needs a 4x4 is out. Thank you for any suggestions you have to offer, preferably within 50ish miles of Portland. I've been on a mission to expose my son to more outdoor activities... shooting, fishing, camping. He spends too much time in front of a screen and it's the stuff I've always loved to do but couldn't really take him alone when he was younger. He's 10 now and isn't interested in doing scouts but I want him to learn basic survival skills, so I'm trying my best to teach him myself.

I would love to learn new places to go that are easy access.

Like Knute mentioned above, there are plenty of local knowledge in the resources tab about other open areas to shoot. Another resource is the Trash No Land Events page where you can look through past events, see pics and map links to places we have cleaned up in the past. Most of those events are listed here, on NWFA in the Events section, but since there are a lot of other kind of events, it's hard to sort through to find the ones you're looking for.

Trash No Land Events page: TNL Events Directory

Good to hear you're bringing that boy up right! Teach him that 'Respect the Land' stuff and cultivate the next generation of responsible gun owners! And enjoy this time with him. He will NEVER forget it!

I took the boy out to gooseneck Rd the other day. So much better than 36 pit but a bit far. It was about an hour and a half drive from where I live, well worth it though.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top