JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Print and hand out this target shooting brochure to shooters you meet in the woods. Print several and ask your local gun shop or outdoor store to stock them and keep them stocked.

For those who have a good Lazer Jet printer and quality 80lb white glossy brochure paper, you may now download and print the "Target Shooting on Public Land" brochure. Applicable to any public land in the great USA, this brochure is designed to make a difference for public land recreation and for the future of shooting on public land.

Spread the message! We're out to make a difference in how our public land is treated and aim to improve recreational shooting.

Dropbox - TNL Shooting brochure.pdf

Once, (if), I have approval to add the NWFA logo, I'll edit this post and offer a copy of that as well.

Thank you,

Cogs

Last Edited:
Clackamas County Dump Stoppers now has their logo on this brochure. Sheriff deputy Rick Hilton, and others from Clackamas County Sheriff's dept, will be stocking their vehicles and handing them out as they patrols Mt Hood National Forest areas.

Deptuty Hilton writes: "I think this is good way of getting the message out to the public . Bill did a good job of putting important information into a concise handout out I think the public would benefit from the information. A lot of people I talk to about shooting don't have any idea they are doing damage to the woods. This could help educate the public the need to shoot safely."

Dave and Sena, of CC Dump Stoppers will also pack a few in their truck.

Print a few and help them out!!!

http://www.dropbox.com/s/7hd7vewwn8a70dy/TNL Shooting brochure Dump Stoppers.pdf?dl=0

Also find the link at my web page; Shooting Brochure

Thanks,

Bill

@Cogs That is a very well written brochure. Hats off to you Sir!
It's all over Clark County now. Check both stores in Hockinson, the store in Heisson, Yacolt, Farger Lake, Amboy and all the gun & outdoor stores in and around Vancouver. Even Bi-Marts and Big 5's!

I distributed over 700 of them and will be restocking shortly after deer season is over.

Thanks for the positive feedback!

Print and hand out this target shooting brochure to shooters you meet in the woods. Print several and ask your local gun shop or outdoor store to stock them and keep them stocked.

For those who have a good Lazer Jet printer and quality 80lb white glossy brochure paper, you may now download and print the "Target Shooting on Public Land" brochure. Applicable to any public land in the great USA, this brochure is designed to make a difference for public land recreation and for the future of shooting on public land.

Spread the message! We're out to make a difference in how our public land is treated and aim to improve recreational shooting.

Dropbox - TNL Shooting brochure.pdf

Once, (if), I have approval to add the NWFA logo, I'll edit this post and offer a copy of that as well.

Thank you,

Cogs

Could you upload this document to a more publicly accessible service like Google Drive?

I do not have an account on DropBox.

Could you upload this document to a more publicly accessible service like Google Drive?

I do not have an account on DropBox.

That's okay if you don't have a DropBox account. When the window pops up to sign up, just close it out. You'll see the pdf behind it. No account needed.

(I don't do Google Drive... yet.)

Hats off to you @Cogs, very well done... The real question is how do we drill this into the heads of people shooting on public lands? Seems I always drag back a bucket of trash left behind.

If we could only motivate some folks to clean up after themselves...

I'll be printing some out to have with me so I can hand them out to folks I encounter when out shooting. Thanks for all your efforts to ensure we continue to have access to public lands for shooting purposes!

Hats off to you @Cogs, very well done... The real question is how do we drill this into the heads of people shooting on public lands? Seems I always drag back a bucket of trash left behind.

If we could only motivate some folks to clean up after themselves...

I'll be printing some out to have with me so I can hand them out to folks I encounter when out shooting. Thanks for all your efforts to ensure we continue to have access to public lands for shooting purposes!
I'm hoping it becomes well known that there are rules for public land shooting. The more people who know about it, the more it will become the standard thing and the more others will think twice. We'll still get the trash but hopefully we'll see more people doing it right more often than not.

Come spring, we'll go for a blitz of Clackamas County, and for Tillamook forest area as well, and cover all shops & stores. I think we could make it real well known.

Not sure how to get the motivation going for some people. They just don't seem to want to listen.

Thanks for helping spread the message and thanks for the good words!

Bill

Yes I have. I connected with the Northwest Regional Director who was to at least post a link to it through Appleseed. Hope to work with them more on this.

Hunter Safety courses may also be an excellent way to educate about public land shooting.

@Cogs, somebody going out to the NF Wolf Creek ranges should drop a bunch of these off at the Dairy Queen out there on 26 before the first hill. At the last clean-up out there both places Wifey and I picked up had a substantial amount of Dairy Queen mess.

@Cogs, somebody going out to the NF Wolf Creek ranges should drop a bunch of these off at the Dairy Queen out there on 26 before the first hill. At the last clean-up out there both places Wifey and I picked up had a substantial amount of Dairy Queen mess.
Ah ha! DQ did it? Arrest them!

Next time, Mike, when you and Wifey stop at DQ on your way up, pick me up a banana split. With cherries on top. (It's fun to try to hit the cherries at 60 yards!). But really, you two should stop taking Dairy Queen stuff into the forest. It's not legal targets. ;)

Actually, not a bad idea. Being a last stop before the woods, it would be good to have some available there. I kind of think they may not be too keen on that idea, but you never know till you ask. Those who aren't sure if they should take them, seem to change positive once you tell them it's to help ODF and Tillamook State Forest.

If someone wants to print a few and drop them off, that would be great.

"Diarrhea Queen"? Not me/us man! I never liked the place, ever. No, Wifey and I always stop at the store there at the North Planes exit and get chicken on a stick, and some jo-jo's with ranch, and the wrappers go home with us, of course.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews