JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was just told that it is illegal to shoot within 500 ft. of any building on my own property. I live on 10 secluded acres and shoot 50 feet away from my house for the past 19 years with no complaints so far but worry about a few liberals 5 miles away raising hell about it.
Anyway I have heard it is illegal to shoot within 500 ft. of a residence but find it hard to believe that applies on private secluded property. Anyone know?

If you read the introduction to chapter 332-52 it relates to DNR and DNR lands only.
The last sentence of the introduction;
"Therefore, the following rules shall apply to all department-managed lands and roads."

You said secluded correct? If it was me I would just do what the heck I wanted on my own damn property until the nice sheriff stopped in and asked me to quit. On the flip side if you have 10 acres and a good back stop who cares if you walk 500 feet to go shooting. I feel like I am spoiled driving 7 min to the range and you can walk out your back door! :D

In the county I live in it used to be:
1) Non-incorporated County Land
2) Not closer than 500ft of a dwelling
3) A back stop
I haven't shot on my own land in about 20 years, but when we did, no one bothered us. Only did it 2-3 times a year though.

You said secluded correct? If it was me I would just do what the heck I wanted on my own damn property until the nice sheriff stopped in and asked me to quit. On the flip side if you have 10 acres and a good back stop who cares if you walk 500 feet to go shooting. I feel like I am spoiled driving 7 min to the range and you can walk out your back door! :D
Secluded, yes. That is why I bought this property in the first place. The sheriff and rangers know who I am and seem fine with my shooting.
The way my property is set up I do all my shooting in my front yard. I never have felt spoiled though, I have always thought that's the way it should be.

The WAC is the Washington Administrative Code, which regulates how the GOVERNMENT shall run its operations, has nothing to do with the law regulating the citizens.

For that you need to refer to the RCW's the Revised Code of Washington.

The WAC is the Washington Administrative Code, which regulates how the GOVERNMENT shall run its operations, has nothing to do with the law regulating the citizens.

For that you need to refer to the RCW's the Revised Code of Washington.
I looked through RCW 9.41 and couldn't find anything that would pertain to my situation. I did not look at any of the foot notes though.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top