JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was just thinking about whether firearm hunting season will proceed if we don't get rain beforehand. It isn't just shooting, it is all the ****heads out there that think they need a campfire to complete the experience even though it doesn't get below 70* at night.

I am still shooting on my range, but it isn't that dry here, my ground is cleared and I am shooting into a dirt bank - no rocks or metal.

I aquired all my wife's uncles reloading stuff and supplies. Going to have to start learning how to do this to keep me busy also as soon as the crabbing slows down.:D. My neighbors love me.

That is very cool. I remember when I was a teenager, my dad would throw lids from 5 gallon buckets in the air and I'd shoot them with my recurve. That was some of the best practice I received, other than shooting jackrabbits on the run. I have a lot of respect for guys that are still using recurves. Mine was an old Ben Pearson that my dad used when he was a kid... Loved that old bow...
They are great bows. Not complex so they are easy to work on and pretty powerful. His bow hauls a 450 grain arrow at about 260 fps according to my chronograph.

I agree completely, it becomes obvious w/conditions like this that it's unsafe. I shot last week at the house but that's it until more rain comes. I heard someone shooting last night but I'm holding out. I've been limbing up trees and clearing brush for the last few weeks but I put that on hold too. Weed eater, mower and tractor are the only things I'll be using for a while.

Happy to comply, for sure. I know that I wouldn't want to be "that guy". Enough of Oregon is on fire at the moment. We don't need more.

I haven't heard anything official from ODF or BLM yet. I did hear back from WA DNR today and they said so far so good. They are not closing target shooting in Washington (yet).

I think it's too risky to go shoot, so, I'm skipping the idea till later. Bummer. I need to do a final check on the sites before the Oct hunting season. Hope it rains more than this little sprinkle!

Meanwhile, that means more Salmon fishing! :)

SHOOTING RESTRICTIONS LIFTED!

Target shooting restrictions have been lifted in Mt Hood National Forest. That's the word I received this afternoon from USFS.

However... conditions will continue to be dry on the East side of the forest until more rain falls on that side.

As always, pack out all shooting debris and report people that are shooting in an irresponsible manner.

Enjoy and be safe. Stewardship keeps it open!

Thank you!!!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top