JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Shooting clays yesterday on the south side of lower bridge road where it intersects with 43rd. Was way back off the road, here comes the ranger. He asks what we're shooting and proceeds to tell me this area is closed to shooting. I knew the other side of road was, it's posted as such, however the south side is not posted. The ranger was respectful and we packed up and left. Have been target shooting in there for years. Just thought I would share this info.

next time, head on out SW Peninsula Dr, on the north side of the ranch. lots of area to shoot and have never been bothered. i one case, a resident came and joined us for awhile

Have gone off the peninsula myself, There's an old cattle pond that makes a great backstop. This area is currently under scrutiny. There's a group on the ranch who is trying to get it closed for shooting, the forest service has sent out requests for feedback to ranch residents and has a townhall meeting planned for Jan. 7th @ 6:00 PM. I have a feeling that they will roll over and close it. I'll be at the meeting and make my feelings known.

The feedback received by the forest service from CCR residents was aprox. 70-30 in favor of leaving it as is. The crowd at the meeting was probably 4 to 1. The forest service listened to many comments from the public and said they plan to form a committee to work the issue. It was interesting that all the people who border that land said they never had any problems or felt unsafe. The ones complaining are the FANS club, they appear to be sort of a "tree hugger" group. I understand they were behind a previous effort have it re-designated as a wildness area.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top