JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I know. The sign lasted about 1 week. We knew it wouldn't stay long. Would be nice to design one that wouldn't get shot up or stolen.

Oh well. We tried.

I know. The sign lasted about 1 week. We knew it wouldn't stay long. Would be nice to design one that wouldn't get shot up or stolen.

Oh well. We tried.

Have a few tons of horse manure dumped in a big pile right where people shoot from and see if that does any good.

All those precious AR's can't be around something as nasty as horse dung:D.

Signage was something we talked about yesterday for the Tillamook Forest spots as well. I was thinking if the signs were mounted with lag screws or something to large rocks / boulders near the entrance of the spot or near the firing line, they may last a bit longer and it would be incredibly foolish to fire at them. Use long enough screws and some JB Weld in the holes and no one will ever pull them down.

The Oz pit, in Mt Hood Nat Forest might be close to 200 yrds. It's along the NF 45 road. A few pot holes and takes a while to get there. If you kept going, you'd end up at the Memaloose pit.

GPS: 45° 8'30.51"N, 122°14'5.58"W
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/XUDCusZXzWq

Here's a pic from Google Earth...
Oz Pit.jpg

You will have to enter the forest from Hwy 211 & Hillockburn Rd. Hillock will become the NF 45 Rd. Follow that all the way up to Oz Pit.

The Oz pit, in Mt Hood Nat Forest might be close to 200 yrds. It's along the NF 45 road. A few pot holes and takes a while to get there. If you kept going, you'd end up at the Memaloose pit.

GPS: 45° 8'30.51"N, 122°14'5.58"W
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/XUDCusZXzWq

Here's a pic from Google Earth...
View attachment 283604

There is likely snow at this elevation - maybe too much to get there right now.

Up past Fish Creek campground there is an old emergency landing strip. Follow the road up the hill, when it levels out for a bit take the left fork. Might be worth a look.

I went up to Wildcat mountain this weekend and we were shooting into the far left shooting area set up by the forest service. We got up there around 8am to set up and to pick up brass. We probably started to shoot around 9:15. Then we took a break around 11ish when we heard a noise in the woods. Both of us use ears with electronic hearing devices that shut down when they hear gun blast. Anyway, we heard a voice and all the sudden behind the pile comes this runner. So I said to him. That is not to smart. This spot is for shooting and people that occasionally hunt. He then started to argue that we had no business shooting us here and this site was closed to all firearms.
I tried to show him the forest service stake that still shows shooting and hunting on it. It probably would be a great idea to get a permanent sign posted before this runner gets shot and closes the whole this for us. Because you know they won't report on the news that he was behind the gravel pit when people were shooting. Just my two cents.

Thank you for the info. Sadly just about everything put up here was destroyed over the winter. There is some updating work to do, either at the April 23rd clean up day or before.

I went up to Wildcat mountain this weekend and we were shooting into the far left shooting area set up by the forest service. We got up there around 8am to set up and to pick up brass. We probably started to shoot around 9:15. Then we took a break around 11ish when we heard a noise in the woods. Both of us use ears with electronic hearing devices that shut down when they hear gun blast. Anyway, we heard a voice and all the sudden behind the pile comes this runner. So I said to him. That is not to smart. This spot is for shooting and people that occasionally hunt. He then started to argue that we had no business shooting us here and this site was closed to all firearms.
I tried to show him the forest service stake that still shows shooting and hunting on it. It probably would be a great idea to get a permanent sign posted before this runner gets shot and closes the whole this for us. Because you know they won't report on the news that he was behind the gravel pit when people were shooting. Just my two cents.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top