JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought a cheap $105 AR15 24" Bull Barrel and need to block the gas port before trying it out. The gas block journal is .936. I normally use cheap low profile gas blocks flipped around backwards to block off gas ports but I am out of .936 size. Cheap gas blocks with larger diameters bores are running around $10 to $20 these days. I spotted these target collars while looking at target plates and thought maybe they could fill the bill for $1.75 per collar.

I also need gas blocks with .875 and .906 bores for the same purpose of blocking the gas ports on heavy barrels. The .936 target shaft collars might work for those barrels with a little work. I am thinking about installing a set screw into the barrels gas port until the distance from the top of the screw to the other side of the barrel was a little over .936. Then I would file a small shallow channel on the inside of the target collar to ride over the set screw. The target collar would have gaps around the sides but it should fit snug where the target collar fits against the barrel and where it fits against the set screw in the gas port.

This solution would save me enough money on gas blocks that I could justify buying a few of their 5/8 target gongs before they sell out.

Last Edited:
Wow.....
I bought a cheap $105 AR15 24' Bull Barrel and need to block the gas port before trying it out.
24 feet.

Anyway.
Me I'm not into being a hard core experimenter (even for science). Although from your past posts.....yeah, it seems like you are. So then/but.......if I was......and if I was thinking about "long range plans" of experimenting and all that.

Maybe, I'd think about investing in a lathe.

Good luck and stay SAFE.

Aloha, Mark

Wow.....

24 feet.

Anyway.
Me I'm not into being a hard core experimenter (even for science). Although from your past posts.....yeah, it seems like you are. So then/but.......if I was......and if I was thinking about "long range plans" of experimenting and all that.

Maybe, I'd think about investing in a lathe.

Good luck and stay SAFE.

Aloha, Mark
I had to have a custom gun case made. Thanks for catching that. You have a great attention to detail, cops eyes:)

This is going to work but you will be limited to spacious handguards or you will have to grind off excess material to fit it under slimmer handguards. It fits under the Aero enhanced handguards.

20220729_104136.jpg

20220729_105007.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top