JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

On the plus side, no matter how much they paid for ammo it will seem insignificant compared to the fines.

The court ordered them to each pay $30 (thirty) a month for the next 20 years. 4B2C3602-B9B8-459A-A77F-4E0365ED535E.jpeg

The court ordered them to each pay $30 (thirty) a month for the next 20 years.
Which is way insufficient of a penalty for this intentional act. If they could afford an AR-15 rifle and ammo, likely they can afford to pay more than $30 a month for 20 years, which totals out to $7,200 each. Not even taking into account the effect of inflation on money over that time period.

Where is the, "All weapons and ammunition were confiscated?" :s0092:

Fined $30.00 a month by some bleeding heart judge. :rolleyes:

Eric J. Weckworth-Pineda and Tanner J. Sik, are they even citizens? :s0093:

Charges in state court quoted Weckwerth-Pineda as telling a Lyon County sheriff's investigator that they just became bored while shooting at the creek and thought to "try and hit that pipe."
Face palm. Further proof that the extent of human stupidity is limitless. :rolleyes:

Yeah, 1.1 million $. They'll pay that just like that yutz that set The Gorge on fire a couple years ago is going to pay his fine. May as well make the fine a couple a billion.

Ooo! And "Probation"! Oooo.

I got into a world of pain on a few US-based sites for criticising the cretins who shot up the Cape Meares Lighthouse back on New Year's Eve 2010. The truth is that special places and things like this belong to us all.

Damages were initially estimated to be over $50,000, but subsequent inspections have shown it may cost more than $500,000 to repair the lens. A park ranger stated that the lens was created in Paris in 1888 and had been shipped around the tip of South America to Oregon. Early news reports stated a $1,000 reward was being offered for information leading to arrests, a figure which was raised to $3,000 by the evening of January 11. On February 10, two Oceanside men, Zachary Jon Pyle, age 23 and David Regin Wilks Jr. age 26, were arrested in connection with the vandalism. At the time of the arrests the reward had climbed to $6,000. The men were convicted and received a creative sentence by a Tillamook County District Court judge. Wilkes and Pyle were ordered to pay $100,000 to the lighthouse and serve three 16-day jail terms over three years. Each jail term started on December 27, which coincides with the date of the vandalism. They served their first sentence from December 27, 2010, to January 11, 2011, and they would do so again at the end of the next two years.

The men, who admitted they were drunk at the time, said it was the dumbest thing they had ever done. In handing down the sentence, the judge said, "Some people go to Hawaii for vacation and some people go to jail. The next three years will serve as a reminder, and you are going to get some time to contemplate that." as quoted in a news story at Lighthouse

Last Edited:
I got into a world of pain on a few US-based sites for criticising the cretins who shot up the Cape Meares Lighthouse back on New Year's Eve 2010. The truth is that special places and things like this belong to us all.

Damages were initially estimated to be over $50,000, but subsequent inspections have shown it may cost more than $500,000 to repair the lens. A park ranger stated that the lens was created in Paris in 1888 and had been shipped around the tip of South America to Oregon. Early news reports stated a $1,000 reward was being offered for information leading to arrests, a figure which was raised to $3,000 by the evening of January 11. On February 10, two Oceanside men, Zachary Jon Pyle, age 23 and David Regin Wilks Jr. age 26, were arrested in connection with the vandalism. At the time of the arrests the reward had climbed to $6,000. The men were convicted and received a creative sentence by a Tillamook County District Court judge. Wilkes and Pyle were ordered to pay $100,000 to the lighthouse and serve three 16-day jail terms over three years. Each jail term started on December 27, which coincides with the date of the vandalism. They served their first sentence from December 27, 2010, to January 11, 2011, and they would do so again at the end of the next two years.

The men, who admitted they were drunk at the time, said it was the dumbest thing they had ever done. In handing down the sentence, the judge said, "Some people go to Hawaii for vacation and some people go to jail. The next three years will serve as a reminder, and you are going to get some time to contemplate that." as quoted in a news story at Lighthouse
When I first heard of this vandalism, I couldn't believe that someone could be so selfish and foolish at the same time.
They received a worthy sentence I would say.

Department of Transportation Office of Inspector General, said in a post-sentencing statement, "We hope that [Wednesday's] sentencings cause people to think twice before engaging in irresponsible and reckless behavior in the vicinity of an active pipeline."

Somebody should have told this to their parents on the night these bozos were conceived.

Last Edited:
Reminds me of the story I heard second hand of some kids shooting at wolf creek shooting area. Apparently they were shooting clay pigeons in the air with AR-15s. My understanding is the sheriff was called in that particular event but I don't know the outcome.

There are some criminally stupid mofos out there. Gives the rest of us who focus on being safe a bad name.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top