JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Jackson county sports complex / RVSSA.

Note: currently closed due to the Covid, however with restrictions likely being lifted shortly, may be re-opening soon.

See:

Never have gone there shooting, just a brief visit back when we were thinking on moving here.

We're members at Ashland gun club. A pretty darned nice club, which has steel & allows members to bring there own as well (a no no at RVSSA)

Ashland is currently open, however no new member orientation until the Governess' Covid deal resolves.

And PLEASE do yourself a favor and mind firearms safety at all times.

"COOPERS rules" are an easy enough guideline.

1. All guns are always loaded. Even if they are not, treat them as if they are.
  2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy. (For those who insist that this particular gun is unloaded, see Rule 1.)
  3. Keep your finger off the trigger till your sights are on the target. This is the Golden Rule. Its violation is directly responsible for about 60 percent of inadvertent discharges.
  4. Identify your target, and what is behind it. Never shoot at anything that you have not positively identified

The Josephine County Sportsmans Association range is up I-5 at the Merlin exit #61. It's about a mile or so up the access road along the highway.
It's a very nice outdoor range, one of the nicest I've seen. But I'm not sure if it's open right now.

Do you need instruction?

@GOG, yup Josephine County Sportsmans is closed until further notice. Unfortunately.

Just checked Ashland Gun Club, and it looks as though we have a workaround for social distancing for new member orientations. So new member orientations are back on, provided payment and paperwork are done online.

Looks like they may have space for tomorrow's orientation.

No idea on if the online paperwork could be done by then, or not though.

There's another one on May 2nd though.

Anderson Butte is the only place I'm familiar with, but there is a lot of controversy between trail hikers, neighborhoods and shooters. Try to find a different place if can.

Check with Rouge Targets, Medford. They should be able to steer you in a good direction.

Contact Rogue Shooting Targets Company | Contact US information
@GOG, yup Josephine County Sportsmans is closed until further notice. Unfortunately.

Just checked Ashland Gun Club, and it looks as though we have a workaround for social distancing for new member orientations. So new member orientations are back on, provided payment and paperwork are done online.

Looks like they may have space for tomorrow's orientation.

No idea on if the online paperwork could be done by then, or not though.

There's another one on M
Why not fly around on Google Maps or Google Earth looking for rock or sand pits on public land ?
Looks like there may be some West of Vaughn Farm...
Good idea thanks I will look into it.

Salt Creek off of 140 above the ranch
Not sure which ranch, but this looks promising as long as it's OK to shoot there.
It's up Salt Creek Road a bit.
Screen-Shot-04-26-20-at-08-41-AM.png

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews